Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

NYc: Where The Streets Are Paved With Stamps.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3869 Posts
Posted 11/25/2018   7:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ikeyPikey to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was walking along, minding my own business and, suddenly, there I was, back in The Golden Age of Nassau Street, when the streets were paved with stamps.

About the only thing cooler than finding a stepped-on pack of Uzbeki cigarettes bearing an Uzbeki revenue stamp was googling the bits on the side of the pack and finding-out that they were manufactured in South Korea.

Bolalaringizni asrang: ularni tamaki tutunidan nafas olishiga yo'l qo'ymang. => Protect your children: Do not allow them to breathe of tobacco smoke.

Chekish insonni o'ldiradi. => Smoking kills a person.

100 PYONGCHON-DONG DAEDEOG-GU DAEJEON SHAXRI 306-712 => product of South Korea ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daejeon

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey ... who, ages ago, sported this eMail sig file:

Quote:
My Take On Globalization:
I recently passed a group of Japanese Christians singing
an old Negro spiritual based on an older Hebrew psalm,
in English, while sitting on a German tour bus outside an
American hotel in an Arab neighborhood of a Jewish city.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6188 Posts
Posted 11/25/2018   8:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some blocks of NYC are certainly "paved" with stamps.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Malta
103 Posts
Posted 11/27/2018   10:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Halfpenny Yellow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I also collect excise stamps, and you do sometimes find unusual items in the street.

I've found stamps from countries like the Philippines and Macedonia while in Malta, and Indonesia while in Germany. I imagine in major cities like NY you can find many more...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1244 Posts
Posted 11/27/2018   10:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"My take on globalization........."

Back in the 2000s, I was part of an American climbing group in a Turkish region of China and using a Russian outfitter/guide service.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3869 Posts
Posted 10/14/2019   8:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Look, I know this topic is dumb-as-rocks.

But it happened, again.

And it made my day, again.

Even if this pack was crushed, cruelly & completely.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

The manufacturer:

The importer:

The sad "entire":
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
6408 Posts
Posted 10/14/2019   9:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesw to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Whoever is smoking those is going to start thinking that you are following them!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3869 Posts
Posted 10/14/2019   9:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
... Whoever is smoking those is going to start thinking that you are following them! ...

I am following them !

How do you think I managed to rush in, and grab this one, before another collector spotted it ?

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3278 Posts
Posted 10/14/2019   10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Kent taste in nano format."
"Triple core filter."

I guess this is 'nico-speak.'
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1917 Posts
Posted 10/14/2019   10:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
4th part of the globalization chain (I'm including Ikey Pikey in there): I wonder where the tobacco came from. Somehow I don't see lush tobacco plantations in South Korea.
Edited by hy-brasil - 10/14/2019 10:36 pm
Learn More...
7406 Posts
Posted 10/15/2019   04:10 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...I wonder where the tobacco came from...

I would assume China...

It appears that Korea is ranked around 13th in the world for tobacco production
https://www.worldlistmania.com/larg...n-the-world/

Don
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05