Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada And Newfoundland Perfin Album - May Have Bitten Off Too Much

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 11/26/2018   11:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ajuchum to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Using the BNAPS study group's perfin list, I began making album pages for this topic. Now that I'm up to the letter "C" I'm now finding that Canadian National Railway will take up over 100 pages just in itself. I guess it might be something to keep me busy over the winter. On the downside, I only have a small quantity of Canadian perfins in my Canada collection.

Note that the clip I made of the sample album page altered the text in each space. They really look a bit better than shown full size.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6328 Posts
Posted 11/26/2018   12:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ajuchum,,Keep going forward..it is a hard journey..but well worth it in the end.

Robert

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3725 Posts
Posted 11/26/2018   6:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pack it away, and use stock books?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3265 Posts
Posted 11/26/2018   7:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1201 Posts
Posted 11/26/2018   8:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A massive job, but well worth it when completed.

I think that your sample page is really nice.

What does "RITY" factor in the yellow box refer too/mean?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3168 Posts
Posted 11/26/2018   9:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What does "RITY" factor in the yellow box refer too/mean?

Probably Rarity Factor in a font too large for the box.
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 11/27/2018   09:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ajuchum to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly right. Rarity Factor. My cut and paste for the picture didn't reduce the text along with the picture.
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
Posted 11/27/2018   10:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So just out of curiosity, are you collecting every perfin and every use on each of the possible stamps they were used on?

That must be an enormous number of stamps. I respect your quest, but don't wish to join you.
Let us know what you need, we might be able to help you.
Learn more about King George VI stamps at www.KGVIStamps.com
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
Posted 11/27/2018   10:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ajuchum to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. It isn't too bad until you get to some of the railroad perfins as they seemed to use hundreds of different stamps for their mail. As most of the advertised perfins are the OHMS officials, I may need to look to the bigger auction houses. I have a lot of precancels and perfins for the US and might be able to work some trades as well. Thanks!
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
Posted 11/27/2018   10:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rick2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I had not considered collecting those (Perfins) and now I have a stockbook full of various Worldwide. Its looking like it would be a daunting challenge! Its just a side thing for me........if I find some during sorting, I'll shift them aside and put them in Lighthouse book. Have FUN !!
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 07/15/2019   01:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JustAnotherSwell to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello ajuchum,

Came across your post while reviewing ancient chats. I collect both perfins and railroad cancels. Maybe there could be a
(small) market for such a perfin album. Like myself, maybe others would also prefer to purchase such an published album (pages only) rather than create their own.

Doesn't the Precancel Society do something similar?

Publishing for a 2 volume download....Railroad perfins and all other perfins?......might bring in the additional revenue to make it worth the effort.

Just a thought.

Regards and good luck.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05