Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Value Of British Empire Queen Victoria Revenues

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 455Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
316 Posts
Posted 12/02/2018   10:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Willwood42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A friend of mine's father died and left an extensive worldwide collection that I am helping to evaluate. The postal part of the collection has a catalog value of between $40-50,000 based on a 2006 Scott catalog. The revenue stamps I have no idea about, so I post a few pictures and ask the question, do they materially affect the total value or are they just very nice looking revenue stamps.

Great Britain

Canada

British Empire

I can do an individual scan of any stamp if need be
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2711 Posts
Posted 12/02/2018   10:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All revenue stamps have value just like the postage types.Collectors search for these.

check this link for revenue stamps by country for an idea;

https://www.revrevd.com/mauritius.html
just an example;
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/CANADA-BILL...AOSwmFhbyef9
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by perf12 - 12/02/2018 10:22 am
Valued Member
Malta
111 Posts
Posted 12/02/2018   10:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Halfpenny Yellow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is there anything from Malta?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
316 Posts
Posted 12/02/2018   12:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks perf12. I knew they had value, just needed to know if it was high enough that I needed to include it in the overall valuation of the collection and I guess I do.

Unfortunately nothing from Malta. Countries represented include Great Britain, Canada, New Zealand, India, Hong Kong, Egypt, Ireland, Mauritius, Cape of Good Hope, Queensland, New South Wales, Straits Settlement and Isle of Man
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
Posted 12/03/2018   5:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bwdavis to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Canadian revenue values from 2009 Van Dam catalog

9c orange bill stamp 1865 2nd issue #FB26 $5.00 used
$1.00 red & green center 1865 2nd issue #FB33 $225.00 used
$1.00 green & red center 1865 2nd issue #FB34 $200.00 used
$1.00 blue & black center 1868 3rd issue #FB52 $12.50 used
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 455Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05