Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help With Valuing An Extensive Worldwide Collection

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1315 Posts
Posted 12/03/2018   6:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Part of the disconnect here may be that @danko tossed out the $100 value in part based only on the few images that were posted, but the collection apparently includes many "albums" valued at $50K, the contents of which we have not seen. The prior posts are quite ambiguous as to the overall size of the collection. I have inferred that we are talking about numerous albums, but only a few representative images were posted.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
421 Posts
Posted 12/04/2018   02:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sorsh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@CJpalermo

no he didn't, anyone who has the slightest clue valuate what they see. and his chunks of wisdom was so far from reality and written with strong conviction.

the OP asked for an valuation not suggestions of what he would get for it, and he gave an extreme lowball offer that even a dealer who has to make a profit would top any day of the week.

the collection (what's shown) has few very nice objects that doesn't require much knowledge or time to handle. the rest of the stamps could be reassigned on new stock cards in about 30mins. And that's what a professional dealer would base his offer on.
Valued Member
United States
246 Posts
Posted 11/21/2019   6:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Partial resolution

So I took the album to my local stamp store last summer and his comment went something like this "if you had only brought this to me 40 years ago, but now unfortunately I do not need any more inventory"

This past weekend I brought the album to NOJPEX (northern New Jersey stamp show held at the meadowlands) and showed it to 2 dealers and an auction house. One dealer offered $2100, the other wanted me to give them a price when I was authorized to sell and the fellow from the auction house said he would start at $800 and hope it would reach $1500-2000. So with a little haggling between the two dealers I think I could see it bringing $2500 which is right at the low end of Rodgcam's estimate.

A couple of the dealers took note of two stamps that I had not posted pictures of in my original post, and since I know how the group likes pictures I am posting them now but in two separate threads "Glenhaven local" and "Used block of 4, Great Britain Scott #59"
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05