Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamped Card Message Layout

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 532Next Topic  
United States
2 Posts
Posted 12/04/2018   3:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add legalbeagle10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was hoping someone on the forum could answer a question for me. I'm trying to find out what are the current postal regulations for stamped cards (formerly known as postal cards). Particularly, I need to know if a sender can still write the address on one side of the card and the message on the other. My family and I are traveling to Eutaw Springs battlefield. Instead of a travel journal, we like to use old postcards with relevant stamps that we mail back to our house. On this trip, we're using a UX90 postal card, but after adding supplemental postage stamps to meet the current postcard rate, I don't have room on the address side to also add a message (like a regular postcard). So I was hoping I could write my message on the blank side of the postal card. However, despite an internet search, I can't find any current information about message placement for stamped cards. Any thoughts you can give would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Send note to Staff

Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 12/04/2018   7:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The indicia/postage/address side is for the indicia/postage/address.

The other side is the message side.

The UX90 is a nice choice.

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
587 Posts
Posted 12/04/2018   7:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add m and m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
as far as I know that is the rule for postal cards. pasting, gluing or otherwise adding anything (other than an address/return address label) would probably subject it to the letter rate. ask at your local station or carrier is another way to find out.
United States
2 Posts
Posted 12/05/2018   09:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add legalbeagle10 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your responses. I hope everyone has a great holiday season.
Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 12/05/2018   10:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
m and m: legalbeagle10 is planning to add postage; this has never been a problem.

legalbeagle10: they're postal cards, not stamped cards, even if you add a stamp (or two)

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey

Pillar Of The Community
United States
587 Posts
Posted 12/05/2018   12:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add m and m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
i didn't mean to infer that uprating via stamps to be able to use an older card was in any way illegal. sorry if there was any confusion in my earlier post. I should have been clearer.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 532Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05