Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found Some Lebanese Stamps with mistakes on them & one rare, can someone tell me how to value them??

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Lebanon
28 Posts
Posted 12/07/2018   02:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ak0017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Are stamps with mistakes on them more valuable??

ex: one stamp says 35 on one side and 40 on the other.

ex 2: one has inverted number.

ex 3:one I saw online and it said only 50 where printed.

thnx
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3152 Posts
Posted 12/07/2018   03:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Could be. What are the catalogue numbers of the stamps. Pictures would be very helpful.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by redwoodrandy - 12/07/2018 03:29 am
Valued Member
Lebanon
28 Posts
Posted 12/07/2018   03:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ak0017 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3500 Posts
Posted 12/07/2018   04:46 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can't see anything unusual about these. Could you isolate what you think are the errors, please?
Valued Member
Lebanon
28 Posts
Posted 12/07/2018   05:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ak0017 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
i seem to have mistaken the numbers on the other side for original printing, its seems they are from being stamped on.

Anyways heres a video I found on the internet about 3 in the second image.
could you help me tell if they are the same ones? and how to value them if they are?
pQ2MVbwHseA

thanks
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3500 Posts
Posted 12/07/2018   06:30 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In the video:

- the first stamp shown has the overprinted digit "4" inverted. Yours is normal
- the second stamp is an imperforated copy of the 7.50. Yours is a perforated, overprinted stamp

Valued Member
Lebanon
28 Posts
Posted 12/07/2018   06:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ak0017 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am thinking the overprinted ones are due to currency change, inflation /deflation.
What do you think because the numbers overprinted are too perfect to be stamped on to them.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3500 Posts
Posted 12/07/2018   07:12 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are common, normal Lebanese stamps. Overprinting to change face value following changes of postal rate was a common practice.
Valued Member
Lebanon
28 Posts
Posted 12/07/2018   08:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ak0017 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05