Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

India / Pakistan? Post Stamps, 1/2 And 1 Anna

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,063Next Topic  
SCF Advertiser
Learn More...

Canada
270 Posts
Posted 12/09/2018   6:27 pm  Show Profile Check steve123's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add steve123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello. Can anyone identify these? They are embossed. Unfortunately, the 1/2 is repaired.
Thank you.

Send note to Staff
Moreland Revenue Stamps
Specializing in Canadian Revenues
Also Canada / USA EFO's
www.morelandrevenuestamps.com

Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2711 Posts
Posted 12/09/2018   6:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's India 1889 Hyderabad 1/2 & 1 Anna Stationery Cut outs
eBay :

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by perf12 - 12/09/2018 7:01 pm
SCF Advertiser
Learn More...
Canada
270 Posts
Posted 12/09/2018   7:07 pm  Show Profile Check steve123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add steve123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent! Thank you.
Moreland Revenue Stamps
Specializing in Canadian Revenues
Also Canada / USA EFO's
www.morelandrevenuestamps.com

Valued Member
India
366 Posts
Posted 12/10/2018   2:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Joy Daschaudhuri to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The first cut-square from Haydarabad 1879 1A Sarkar I Asafiyyah gray back on cream laid btonn paper envelope (Deschl PE21) (13.6cm7.5cm) is a worthless souvenir, even if it were a complete envelope.

In 1879 (>June), the Haydarabad State Post began to issue series of envelopes with indicium of the issued design but printed in array of fancy colors on varieties of colored papers, just for the dealers and collectors in USA and Europe, as a source of additional revenue.
Thus these fancy envelopes were never intended or used postally in Haydarabad state.

A list of Haydarabad 187980 Envelopes Printed for Foreign Stamp Dealers is here.

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopi...220#p5156220
Valued Member
India
366 Posts
Posted 12/10/2018   2:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Joy Daschaudhuri to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The cut-square at the right can be from any of the following eight Haydarabad envelopes.

1. Haydarabad 1888 A Sarkar I Asafiyyah die III (indicium size: 27mm21mm) mustard yellow on white laid paper envelope (Deschl E3/Higgins and Gage B8) (13.8cm8cm) of Deschl knife type 4 with pointed flap with seal type O embossed.

2. ibid but with seal type Q embossed.

3. ibid but with seal type S embossed.

4. ibid but with seal type T embossed.

5. Haydarabad 1891 A Sarkar I Asafiyyah die III mustard yellow on white laid paper envelope (Deschl E4/H&G B10) (13.7cm7.9cm) of Deschl knife type 7 with tapered flap with seal type you embossed.

6. ibid but without any seal on the flap.

7. Haydarabad 1891 A Sarkar I Asafiyyah die III mustard yellow on white laid paper envelope (Deschl E4a/Higgins and Gage A2) (13.8cm7.9cm) of Deschl knife type 8 with seal type you embossed.

8. ibid but without any seal on the flap.

Here are the illlustrations of the flap seals for easy identification of the Haydarabad envelope types.

Valued Member
India
366 Posts
Posted 12/10/2018   2:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Joy Daschaudhuri to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Description of the Vignette of the A Envelope Stamp Imprint: The central inscription is in Farsi which reads Sarkar I Asafiyyah i.e. "Government of Asaf", here it refers to that of Asaf Jah VI, the official title of Mir Mahbub Ali Khan Siddiqi (18661911), the 6th Nizam or the ruler of Haydarabad state (18691911).

The Arabi numerals 1293 in the center denote the year of engraving of the original die, in Hijri calendar which corresponds to 1876.

The lower semicircular panel shows the Urdu inscriptions Nishan I Tappa Khana i.e. Label of Post Office.

The denomination Ana is printed in 4 languages which include 3 state languages.
From upper left side it is in Marathi, Telugu and Urdu respectively.

Postage Rate: A Haydarabad envelopes were used to pay the basic letter postage for weight upto 6.83gm ( tola), the rate in effect from 1880 to May 5,1930.
Valued Member
India
366 Posts
Posted 12/10/2018   2:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Joy Daschaudhuri to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@perf12

Quote:

It's India 1889 Hyderabad 1/2 & 1 Anna Stationery Cut outs

Once again this poster is spreading false information.

None of the cut-squares is from 1889. In fact, there was no regular Haydarabad envelope issue in 1889.

The first one is a fancy item from 1879 as described above and the second is from 1888 or 1891 issue.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 1,063Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05