Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help!!! Who Can Identify This 1kr Stamp? Austria-Hungary Empire Stamp I Think.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 601Next Topic  
Valued Member

135 Posts
Posted 12/12/2018   12:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add SewallH to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I cant find this stamps anywhere. It is not in my 1915 Forbin catalogue - as far as I can tell. Very frustrating. It looks like a revenue stamp. The design is totally cool and has a coat of arms on the top and ship and train on the bottom. The stamp is imperforate and has no meaningful cancellation. The way the "1 Kr." looks like it is almost typed onto the stamp, as opposed to being printed. All the above makes me think that the stamp could be a fake. If it is a fake, it is totally cool. The stamp looks like it is an 1800's item.

Any thoughts?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 12/12/2018   12:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Austria
Revenue

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1499 Posts
Posted 12/12/2018   01:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Beat me to it Rod

A link nonetheless:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/YYAI-567-A...323573149785

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 12/12/2018   01:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fabulous Bobby, Thanks.
Never seen the burelage before, (Veins of a leaf)
Nice to see a good quality image of the fellow.
Valued Member
135 Posts
Posted 12/12/2018   1:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SewallH to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You guys are the best. I can never stump anyone on this chat board. Someday I will stump you guys and then I will gloat for months.

In meantime, my 1915 Forbin catalogue book does not show this stamp at all. What gives with that!?!?!

Interesting differences between my stamp and the picture of the other that is posted. In my stamp, one can see far more detail in the ship and locomotive and the smoke plumes. These details are lost in the other stamp due to over-application of ink.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2981 Posts
Posted 12/12/2018   1:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In meantime, my 1915 Forbin catalogue book does not show this stamp at all. What gives with that!?!?!

The first few sets of Austrian revenue stamps have different designs for each value.

For the 1850 set, Forbin says on page 187 (1915 edition), "Dessin varié pour chaque valeur." i.e. the design is different for each value.

This stamp is from a later issue (without the letters C.M.) but the same is true for these issues too.
Nigel
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
2981 Posts
Posted 12/12/2018   3:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nigelc to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a group of the 1870 set with the same basic designs but with the addition of the 1870 date at the bottom of each design:

You can see the 1 kr. value along with some of the other designs from the same set:

This is not mine. I've copied it from the Internet.
Nigel
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 601Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05