Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamp Auction Network Now In "The Cloud"

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
66 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   8:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Redtail to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just watch the intro video that is all of 6 minutes and 45 sec long on youtube that had 108 views so far. Tom flys thru the site. His tour includes a live auction and touches on pre-bidding/absentee pitfalls and the "value" of the agent fee. (I'm interested in any community comments on this point).
Tom also highlighted some rich research tools they have set up with links to grading counts and other data.

I found it helpful and recommend it to a newbie to SANS.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Redtail - 01/11/2019 8:58 pm
Learn More...
6523 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   9:01 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rog,

It is like the above is a Landscaping Company headquarters. The headquarters is still useable.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2838 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   9:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL! There are a lot of multi million dollar houses that look amazing but the bones are junk. I do get your point though Don. I guess that it works so well for me that I am blind to what others may see as downfalls. Just a personal thing.
Valued Member
66 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   10:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Redtail to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rogdcam

Time to belly up? SANS seems to have a new business model now!? They want some $$ from you now so they are not captives to the auction houses. They want to have the users back they state. Your beloved platform seems to be struggling to find its way and needs your help.

see chart for payment programs.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2838 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   12:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I do support them. SAN has paid me back a thousand times over. No sniping unfortunately but not everybody can aspire to be eBay.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1011 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   12:54 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Me too!
Valued Member
66 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   3:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Redtail to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
rogdcam

After watching a bunch of SANs video tutorials I disagree you can't "snipe" on SANs. Live auction bids can be set to refresh every 0.6 seconds as you listen to the voice of the auctioneer live - so that is sniping in my view. Also, count me as a 2019 contributor to the SANs "experiment" I'm still waiting on getting access to the "extended features" menus that Tom mentioned in the video as a "benefit" (think free NO!). There is no "Contact Us" button on the entire menu listing hell website so I had to call Tom directly! Okay but got a good old fashion busy single!! Not a great start for a "fee based" (voluntary basis really?) service model but the entire process has been new and inertesting to to me in this hobby's pursuit so thanks for your help.
Edited by Redtail - 01/12/2019 3:26 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1011 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   3:25 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can't snipe a live auction, the auctioneer keeps an item open until he has no more bids;

Going, going, going.....
Valued Member
66 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   3:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Redtail to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
good point - so forget that part!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2838 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   3:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoy Redtail! There is no sniping because there is a live auctioneer calling the auction if you are bidding live. The 0.6 refresh rate or whatever it may be is changeable in case the bid button is not working smoothly for you. I use the default of 0.8 (?). I will be bidding live on SAN for the Sparks and Spink auctions. Please do not bid against me.

And you too Ken!
Edited by rogdcam - 01/12/2019 3:31 pm
Valued Member
66 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   3:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Redtail to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks rogdcam. You are spot on the default being 0.8 Sec. Tom mentions he does not recommend setting to 2 seconds but given the going going going stuff (and active internet bidders are required to hit proactive "pass" button?) not sure why? Anyway, material reviewed and saved on my bid watch list so far is marvelous (3 cuts above eBay). I'm now approved with about a half dozen houses so that is progressing. I find asking the house that have closing coming soon works well for getting a fast response/approval. I can't promise I don't bid against you (not sure what you collect?) but that same day Weds 1/23/19 I will be mostly focused on the live James T. McCusker auction. I purchase from them already on eBay but they have been clearly holding back the "good stuff" for this upcoming auction.
Edited by Redtail - 01/12/2019 3:53 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1011 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   3:50 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have more items on my list from Sparks than from all the rest, weird I never bid with them until their last auction.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2838 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   3:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This Sparks looks pretty interesting. I have quite a few on my list as well. With the exchange rate what it is I could not not bid.
Valued Member
66 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   4:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Redtail to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just apply to bid @ Spinks (founded 1666 in USA - how is that even possible?) because their offerings are what I like to collect. This material is "big league" with realizations likely to match. It will be interesting to see if sniping eBay (with cert) is a more cost-effective, albeit fewer offerings acquisition method to collect genuine "top draw" material. I got 12 months to figure it out now.
Edited by Redtail - 01/12/2019 4:27 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2838 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I assume that folks have tried stampauctionnetwork mobile?

https://stampauctionnetwork.com/mobile.cfm
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05