Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jan. 11 Quiz: How;s Your Eye For Detail?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
191 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   09:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add EdziuMM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What country/entity issued the stamps with this detail on them?
Two points for the first person to correctly identify it; one point if we need to post an easier version Saturday.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Israel
460 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   2:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. I guess your next quiz will look like this:

What country/entity issued the stamps with this detail on them?

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Rob Roy - 01/11/2019 2:42 pm
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   2:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StamperMA to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What Rob says x2... this is a tough one. Will check back on Saturday as I'm clueless now.

Oh wait, now I see it: a yellow-bellied sea snake swimming in a sea of asphalt.
Edited by StamperMA - 01/11/2019 3:02 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2846 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   2:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Egypt
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
1164 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   3:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperix to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
looks like a lion - Kenya
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
1164 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperix to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rob, your one is 24c inverted Jenny.
to be more exact, this one:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...18_issue.jpg
Valued Member
Israel
460 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
stamperix, you're horrible.
Of course you're right, except for one thing: I only WISH it was mine.
I "specialize" in the 90% common world stamps. No valuable stamp will (sadly) set foot in my collection.
Pillar Of The Community
Germany
1164 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamperix to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have it either :-).
Valued Member
United States
191 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not Egypt or Kenya but, yes, a tough one!
Valued Member
Israel
460 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   8:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nigeria?
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   9:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tgswanner to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What the heck? Lol. Bangladesh?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2303 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   05:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rhodesia
Al
Valued Member
United States
191 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   07:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it was a toughie, and misleading, too....So, for one point, here's a less misleading view.

Learn More...
6543 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   08:19 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Surinam
The original image showing just the banana stem was indeed a toughie.
Don
Valued Member
United States
191 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   08:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yea,verily, Surinam! Gotta have a toughie () now and then.
Another quiz next Friday.
Points so far:
14 NigelC, 22Crows
12 51Studebaker, Stamperix, StamperMA
10 Johan Buvelot
7 MaJu
5 - Jogil
4 Blaamand
3- Rob Roy
2 Angore, Glenn Estus, ModernStamps, Partime, Rogdcam, SCB, Willwood42, Yeapolska
1 Florian, Lithograving

Valued Member
Israel
460 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   09:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rob Roy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BTW, in what languages Banana is called Musa?
I'm asking because the other name of Banana in Hebrew is Muz, so I'm curious about the origin of the name.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05