Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Non-issue Issues USPS 2018 Annual Yearbook

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
523 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   12:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add eligies to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Okay just an observation with the 2018 USPS Yearbook. While perusing the Hardcover Book for content & issue placement I came across some 'discrepancies' with the layout. I like this annual item very much. It is my 'coffee table'book, allowed to pick-up & leaf thru for visitors and helps get a conversation going with interest in my hobby.

The over all set-up is a page with a space to place each issue of the current year with information on the event, designer, illustration/design, et al.

So when I came across the John Lennon issue, pictured was a vertical strip of the 4 stamps, depicting each of the different color designs. What was received in the stamp packet was a random single.

Further into the book was a place for a block of the 4-designs of the Birds of Winter, what I received was a full booklet. (The Santa Claus issue of 4-designs was only provided the block of 4 from the booklet)

Towards the last page was an illustrated page of the total issues of what was included in the Yearbook, showing a full strip of the John Lennon, and only a block of 4 of the Birds of Winter.

Missing from the reference page were the s/s for Magic & Santa. So, as much as I like the annual, its inclusiveness of collectable, postage use, & high-value issues of the current year, there are some non-issue issues with the overall make-up.

It's a nice book, great gift for beginners to receive, and a good coffee table edition for initiating conversation about my hobby with house guests.
Send note to Staff
Edited by eligies - 01/11/2019 12:01 pm

United States
3 Posts
Posted 02/03/2019   6:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tqstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So this year the Mail-Use packet and High-Value packet are combined in the Postage packet?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
523 Posts
Posted 02/04/2019   1:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No, there are 3-separate packets. The commemorative packet is included with the Yearbook. The Mail Use and High value are sold separately. As an update to the John Lennon issue. Saturday I received a small envelope from the Stamp Fulfillment Center with a strip of 4 of the John Lennon stamps, to replace the single random item in the original packet. The explanation was that the original intent was to issue the 4-different designs of the John Lennon rather than the random single.
United States
3 Posts
Posted 02/06/2019   01:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tqstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting..
On the USPS website, I could find only the yearbook with comm packet on sale, but not the Mail Use and High Value ones. I thought the USPS web store has the most comprehensive selection.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
523 Posts
Posted 02/06/2019   12:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add eligies to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
you need to drill in a little for those items. high value #991806, ($45.95) Mail Use #991804 ($38.95). Even if you do a search with those #s they might not come up. If you go to the bottom of the Yearbook item description you might find them in the 'items you also might be interested in' section.
United States
3 Posts
Posted 02/06/2019   2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tqstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for those info!
It still turned up nothing for me. I guess I'll just call USPS to order.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2338 Posts
Posted 02/06/2019   5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I do not see them either. I see 2017 not 2018.
Al
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05