Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stamps From Acquired Collections Set 1

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
8 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   7:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add 3opus6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
SFC-

I've started to unpack the collection and wanted to post some images. It's quite possible, for what it's worth, that these have not been looked at or handled for 50-60 years. And I have not altered or done any research on any of these. These were near the top so they are first. And apologies ahead of time. Still working on my image posting skills. And also-- I realize that to most of you these will be common/pedestrian stamps. Thanks for your indulgence.

1-3 Israel

Palestine -obviously.

Bermuda - obviously again!

US

US Detail. The grills just pop out on these!

These are in a notebook marked "duplicates". There are quite a few empty spaces. I can only imagine what may have been here. Comments are welcome!

[/size=2][/font=Times New Roman][/size=3][/size=6][/size=4]
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   9:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3opus6 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Many apologies! It should be SCF. Again, very sorry.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
350 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   08:18 am  Show Profile Check wheelman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add wheelman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you are about to embark on a fantastic journey.
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   09:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3opus6 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi wheelman-

Yes, I have to admit that the combination of art, history, and sleuthing that is stamp collecting is quite appealing. I'm looking forward to curating the collection to the best of my ability and increasing my knowledge and awareness of the subject. My appreciation of stamp identification has already increased exponentially from my very brief foray; the numbers alone are staggering.

I'll be posting some more shortly. At this point I'm going on visuals alone, putting up those that are appealing to the eye. My eye, at least.

Thanks for your post.
Valued Member
United States
246 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   06:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mml1942 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You should check the "Minister's Sheet" of the Doar Ivri issue (3rd item down) carefully for the perforations varieties on the high-value stamps. The folding may have caused some stamp damage on the 250p issue, and certainly messes with the appearance of the Sheet, but in Fine condition, this can be a valuable item. Current auction on Stamp Circuit: at Tel Aviv Auctions#46, Lot 259

And Lot 260 with different perforations:

Better image of sheet in auction:

Edited by mml1942 - 01/13/2019 06:53 am
Valued Member
United States
8 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3opus6 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello mml1942- Thanks for your comments and the information about the stamps. I've taken some new images to show the extent of the damage to the stamps. There is some creasing to the 250 and the tab but otherwise it seems OK. The rest are very crisp and clean. Should I leave the stamp sheet in its present condition or try, reluctantly, to smooth out the crease? Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "...check the "Minister's Sheet" of the Doar Ivri issue (3rd item down) carefully for the perforations varieties." Do you mean the number of perforations or some other aspect of how they are perforated? (Yes, showing my inexperience-- but I'm learning.) I can take some more images if that would be of interest to you. Thanks again.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05