Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1/100 Rarity For $50... Absolutely Cray

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   8:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rismoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ERROR-1488...283327916550

Either the hobby is dead, or we've hit bottom. Scott 2005 has this at $850

Only other explanations are bad timing on listing end on Friday, or this isn't a true omit.

Send note to Staff

Learn More...
5915 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   8:30 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Either the hobby is dead, or we've hit bottom. Scott 2005 has this at $850
Only other explanations are bad timing on listing end on Friday, or this isn't a true omit.

Another explanation...the 2005 catalog value did not reflect actual market value in 2005.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3861 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nobody should buy that without a certificate .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
942 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   8:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, this one should never be purchased without a cert.

There was an article in Linn's last year by John Hotchner where he explained the particular problems with this color missing error and how it has been faked.

Looking at the stamp, I don't think it would be certified as the color missing error.
Valued Member
50 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   9:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Redtail to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
95%+ chance this is a FAKE - color removed by artificial means...how do I know? The final price and my spidey senses. market price if real with cert $200 to $300 in my estimation.
Edited by Redtail - 01/11/2019 9:21 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2217 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   9:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
But, but, but the seller has a Swedish Tiger medal thingy!
Valued Member
50 Posts
Posted 01/11/2019   9:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Redtail to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

this stamp looks to fail as the center white does not look nearly as clean as the white on the left (due to remaining color).

eBay should be stopping this crappy business but they don't so hard working consumer is played again by thinking they just got a "real good stamp deal" and fact be told they were lied to for likely their hard earned $ and nobody had their customer back. Bad all around in my view.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3631 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   12:53 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
More interestingly, what happened to Kevin? I miss his occasionally truculent posts.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05