Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Difference With Ebay Listing Times 7 Days V 10 Days?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3576 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   02:49 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KGV Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Have ended up with the smallest amount of listings per what I am on about. The number has gone way over 375 per week. It looks like 500 listings is going to be the number per go to work having a 1500 listings per month limit.

I do know that using the 30 day listing option puts your listings for 3 weeks so far back on the listing page they are not seen for this time mentioned.

7 day listings is the go but I am looking at needing to list them for 10 days to get 500 listings per go to work out.

Anyone had any experience with 7 day listings compared to 10 day listings. Is there any page positioning difference between doing one or another that anyone has noticed?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3989 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   06:58 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As a buyer, I use one of two eBay options - "ending soonest" or "newly listed". I get away from eBay's default "best match" as soon as I can. Sometimes, for things like a specific book, I order by price.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
222 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   08:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add KGVIStamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use ending soonest ans look at today's listings also, unless I am superficially looking for something.
Is there a reason you have to get 500 listings (like an eBay promotion) or is that just a personal goal?
Learn more about King George VI stamps at www.KGVIStamps.com
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1011 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   09:00 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I use 5 day & 7 day every week so that I can list Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday but have all my listing end on Wednesday & Thursday. I do it this way so I have 4 days to prepare the listing and so my items show up as "newly listed" 4 days/week. I use 10 day when I'm going on vacation. I have seen no discernable difference in final prices or number of bids.

Ken

I pay no attention to Free listing, I list 60 items a week no matter what eBay is doing.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3989 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   09:36 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
When I list, I try for 10-day, starting on Thursday, which enables me to end between 3pm and 8pm on Sunday, which is supposedly the most popular day/time for eBay buyers. I also do 7 days, again ending on Sunday. Most of my stuff can then go out on Monday. The real unpredictability lies in who looks when. So something unsold at a 2.99 start one week can go at 12.99 the next.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4398 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   11:41 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do know that using the 30 day listing option puts your listings for 3 weeks so far back on the listing page they are not seen for this time mentioned.

7 day listings is the go but I am looking at needing to list them for 10 days to get 500 listings per go to work out.

Fixed price and auctions require completely different strategies, and I think some of the responders are assuming you mean auctions.

It's unclear whether you are talking about auctions or fixed price listings. If fixed price, I don't know why you would do anything other then 30-day or GTC. If auction, there's no such thing as a 30-day listing, so it's a moot point. 10 days is your max.

I don't know anyone that uses "Best Match" as their search default, so how far up front or back your listings are for X weeks is immaterial.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3576 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   6:44 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to everyone for your comments. It is very good to get some buyer feedback. I am not an experienced buyer. Still trying to figure out how to buy something and hold back payment for a day or two. Like a lot of my buyers can do!

And yes I am a BIN lister.

Handling 500 listing in one day is a lot of work in one go! If I did not have a need to spend so much time elsewhere each day it would be more attractive option.

Like to list on 4 different days per different stamp issue types.

On Tues Aus 2015 to now gummed $1 issues x 70 lots. Wed Aus self adhesives interpost 2005 to now x 82 lots. Thrus Aus High denominations 2000 to now x 153 lots. Fri Aus interpost gummed examples 2000 to now x 204 lots. All listings used.

This works great with 7 listings but it just seems very strange to be working with a 10 day rotation.

I still have to cut these listing down a bit more.

Best match is one of the worst things that has come out of eBay etc. Have noticed that when searching on eBay or elsewhere day 1 has a small offering of the most expensive listings. Day 2 a bit better still, using the same search info. Day 3 we seem to get some very nice items at a better price.
Edited by KGV Collector - 01/12/2019 6:45 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3576 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   7:05 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi revenuecollector

Quote:
I don't know why you would do anything other then 30-day or GTC. If auction, there's no such thing as a 30-day listing, so it's a moot point. 10 days is your max.

Have missed your point here and if you could help me out a bit to understand. Just finished a year of having 30 day BIN listings and not once did I get a sale outside the last week of the listings. How do you see 30 day listings working. 30 day listings would give me a 1,000 extra lots so I could list a 1,000 BIN Aus sets 2000 to 2015. If I could just see how this would work for me.

When I do a search for my own listings I get 7 out of 62 listings only and I have been searching each day since listing. Some years ago searched listings went for pages on eBay now am lucky to get 2 or 3 pages of listings.

Edited by KGV Collector - 01/12/2019 7:06 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3576 Posts
Posted 01/12/2019   8:40 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes!

Found why my searches were not working out. I was simple I was adding post to international post and it does not work. By dropping the post I can see all my listings.

Maybe 30 days BIN listing will work.....

Any thoughts about 30 day BIN listing getting seller traffic early in the listing time?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05