Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question On My Prexie 3c Cover - 807s With Vertical Imperforations

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

55 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   10:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Prexie3c to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I was enjoying my collection of Prexie 3c covers when I stopped at the following cover and noticed the vertical imperforations.

Can anybody shed some light on how the imperforations happened?

Also, my son did some checks and said that there is a very very small possibility that this might be the 807d. Please tell me this is not possible as I understand that the 807d is uncommon/scarce/rare (I am not sure which is the right term to use).

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
3343 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   11:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It certainly looks like it. You need to scan / check closely for blind perforations, but I think you have a nice find!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Learn More...
7703 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   11:11 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You need to scan / check closely for blind perforations...

Don
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   5:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Doesn't he want to check the middle and bottom row stamps as well?
Learn More...
7703 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   6:05 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I was pointing to what appears to be some blind perfs as examples as what to look for...
Don
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   7:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Louise411 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please more on this; Details. I am fascinated by this.
Valued Member
55 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   7:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Prexie3c to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to Don and Partime for your views and what needs to be checked out. As my eyes are failing, I will get my son to check for blind perforations. And once the scanner is up (it just failed on me again), I will do a detailed close-up scan.

Nonetheless, I now think that those are blind perfs, unless proven otherwise. I am a realist - it just seems too unlikely that those are 807d.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6322 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   10:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just because there are blind perfs in one pair does not mean that they are in all the pairs. Each pair must be carefully checked.
Valued Member
55 Posts
Posted 01/14/2019   08:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Prexie3c to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mystery solved by a large detailed scan!

No, there's no blind perf. Neither are the stamps 807d.

Just the usual mis-cut booklet panes (the 4 black arrows indicate the positions of the mis-cut).

Lesson learnt - large detailed scans work wonders (and I now know what blind perfs are and how they occurred )
Valued Member
United States
349 Posts
Posted 01/14/2019   1:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Louise411 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.filahome.nl/e/stamp-col...stamps_b.htm This is a great site with lots of definitions.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05