Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Philippine Special Delivery

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 448Next Topic  
Valued Member

5 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   8:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add w1llth3thr1ll to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
HI Everybody,
In my grandfather's collection we have these four "Philippine Special Delivery" stamps. They are printed with "OB" (official business), and the backing has a serial number "113813" on it.

Any thoughts on how to value them as a lot, when as reference I've found this single stamp without the "O.B." listed at around $190? http://www.stampcircuit.com/stamp-A...james-bendon

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
5 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   8:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add w1llth3thr1ll to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
lets see if it works this time
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
5 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add w1llth3thr1ll to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.hipstamp.com/listing/ph...AqJ8EALw_wcB
Found another good comparison: group of 6 stamps also with the serial number, without the OB print
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6897 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   8:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi W1, and welcome to the forum. First of all, what you have is a "Plate Number Block of 4" - the number on the selvage is the number of the plate that was used to print these stamps. Your stamps have the Scott catalog # Philippines EO1. When you look up what they are worth make sure they are the correct item - both stamps you found are different.
The fist one you mention has "specimen" overprinted on it, the overprint makes it rare.
The second one ( on Hipstamp ) is an imperforated plate block with catalog number Philippines E6.

Peter
Valued Member
5 Posts
Posted 01/13/2019   9:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add w1llth3thr1ll to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Peter, Im picking up one of those on eBay just a couple years out of print.
Valued Member
5 Posts
Posted 01/19/2019   11:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add w1llth3thr1ll to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So I've gotten the Scotts Catalog and have been learning how to identify them. There are several panes of four which do not have perforations, and while I think I have the right Scott number Im not sure about identifying these as I dont see any notations about missing perforations. The Jose Rizal stamps in the link below appear to be 241 A40 2c. Does "Impt." stand for imperforate? (from googling Scotts abbreviations I could not establish that). Thanks for the advice!
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/...51oiL2c8E9l1
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 448Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05