Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Computer Vended Postage - Cvp31, Cvp32, Cvp33 Pns And PNC5

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 702Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

Guatemala
1500 Posts
Posted 01/15/2019   1:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add quigngt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been in the US for almost a month and took the opportunity to go on a buying spree for my specialty areas. Here is a sample of some items.

All singles and strips have plate numbers. There are 4 PNS and 6 PNC5 plus a 22c Flag with T1 Plate number all purchased from the same seller.

Below are just a part of a full set of CVP31 Dull gum MNH minus the 39cent pair. Plus 3 used pairs. Anyone have MNH 39c dull gum pair they'd like to sell?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 01/15/2019   5:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Guatemala
1500 Posts
Posted 01/15/2019   6:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add quigngt to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe I must correct myself a bit to be more accurate in the description of the MNH pairs. A full set would most likely be most denominations up to maximum the machines could print which if I recall correctly was $9.99. My "full set" are pairs of 50 denominations from 1 cent to 50 cents so technically it can't be a "full set".
Edited by quigngt - 01/15/2019 6:49 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7239 Posts
Posted 01/15/2019   9:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Michel Automatenmarken-Spezial catalog is very useful for identifying computer-vended stamps. These (the horizontally-formatted ones) were printed with 2 different fonts, different gums, and different tagging. They could be purchased in denominations up to US$99.99.

Michel's "way" is to price sets of the various printings, gums, etc. in specific denominations of 4 stamps. I am not quite sure why they do this unless USPS Philatelic Sales sold them this way. If they did, I don't remember it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 702Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.15 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05