Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Favorite Printed Album For Australia And Australian States

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,760Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
Posted 01/18/2019   1:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Anghus to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi! I'm just getting back into collecting and one area of interest to me is Australia and Australian States. I am currently using the Reproduction Scott Brown Album pages for the classic era but I would like to find a nice hingeless album to use instead. I have looked at Lighthouse, Palo, Scott Specialty and the print your own pages from Robert Fulton. Of course the latter two would require adding stamp mounts myself.

What I would like to know is what other printed albums are available specifically for Australia and what are your favorites (and why?).

Does anyone here use the pages from Robert Fulton? How do you like them? Is it easy to find suitable paper (weight, color, etc.) for them?

Looking forward to all your responses!
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
484 Posts
Posted 01/18/2019   2:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
FREE Australia album from AlbumEasy. Covers 1913 - 2006. 330 pages.
Download pdf (or the text file if you want to be able to make changes or additions to the pdf. Requires the free AlbumEasy software to do that.) at http://www.thestampweb.com/albums.html
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5602 Posts
Posted 01/18/2019   2:53 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gibbons makes a one-country album for Australia with catalogue numbers etc, but it doesn't incorporate the States' issues.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1039 Posts
Posted 01/18/2019   3:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add chipg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Seven Seas is probably the leader for albums of Australian stamps. They have hingless albums for all periods and types of Australian issues.
C.
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
Posted 01/18/2019   3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anghus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen a few scans of Seven Seas album pages on the net. I like the extra information on each page but they look like there is a small page for the stamps glued onto a larger page. It looks as if they simply wanted to make the pages bigger without actually using a larger layout for the stamps. Are they actually two pieces of paper or is the colored border just printed on?

Can someone please post a scan of the first page from the Seven Seas Australia album (1913 issues) so I can compare the layout to other albums? Thanks!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
903 Posts
Posted 01/18/2019   3:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Laurie 02 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I go with chipg and for my Aussie states and pre decimal I use seven seas pages and Stanley Gibbons for a catalogue.
If you want any Aussie swaps I have plenty!
It has got a black border around the page, but the pages are A4 acid free heavy weight pages.
Valued Member
Australia
420 Posts
Posted 01/18/2019   8:46 pm  Show Profile Check fairdinkumstamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add fairdinkumstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The pages of the Seven Seas Australian Colonies Hingeless Stamp Album are printed in two colours on heavyweight matt stock.

Images of the album and some pages are available here:

https://www.fairdinkumstamps.com/Se...colalbum.htm
Edited by fairdinkumstamps - 01/18/2019 9:18 pm
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
Posted 01/18/2019   9:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anghus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you fairdinkumstamps!
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
Posted 01/23/2019   4:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add moldman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have used many Stamp Albums over the years and they have all been good for what I used them for, but for Australia you can not do any better than SevenSeas hingeless. IMHO.
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
Posted 01/24/2019   09:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anghus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does the Seven Seas pre-decimal hingeless album for Australia include pages for the Australian states?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2006 Posts
Posted 01/24/2019   10:56 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unless this has changed, be aware that the Seven Seas album does not provide for some back of the book stamps, dues, etc. They do have pages for States, in an abridged version. Their odd pages size bugged me after awhile. Others my be very happy with them, I'm pretty picky.
Edited by Stamps1962 - 01/24/2019 10:57 am
Valued Member
Australia
420 Posts
Posted 01/24/2019   5:41 pm  Show Profile Check fairdinkumstamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add fairdinkumstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does the Seven Seas pre-decimal hingeless album for Australia include pages for the Australian states?

Anghus, the Seven Seas pre-decimal hingeless album includes Australian stamps from 1913-1965.

The Seven Seas Australian Colonies Hingeless Stamp Album is the one they publish for Australian state stamps.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
14 Posts
Posted 03/22/2021   11:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Goodwin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rather than start a new topic, I thought I'd add to this one.

I have happily used the free Australia album from AlbumEasy referred to above for the period 1990-2006. I used the SG Volume I album for the earlier issues before their albums were discontinued.

Can anyone recommend a downloadable album (other than Steiner) for the period end-2006 to-date please? Ideally it should cover perf variatons for the gummed vs self-adhesive die-cut stamp issues and have pages off-set to the right to allow for punching holes. Failing that I'll have to learn to use AlbumEasy!

Many thanks.
Edited by Goodwin - 03/22/2021 1:11 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
684 Posts
Posted 03/23/2021   04:11 am  Show Profile Check 64idgaf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 64idgaf to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Unless this has changed, be aware that the Seven Seas album does not provide for some back of the book stamps, dues, etc. They do have pages for States, in an abridged version. Their odd pages size bugged me after awhile. Others my be very happy with them, I'm pretty picky.

About 25 years ago Seven Seas produced a comprehensive postage dues album but only 200 were printed. They are not commonly seen these days.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,760Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05