Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Deutsche Luftpost Graf Zeppelin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
19 Posts
Posted 01/20/2019   3:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ciffic2112 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm new at this and have lots of questions I have been collecting stamps for some time now but I have not stepped out and contacted any one I do know that the us Graf Zeppelins are sought after and I do have several and do have questions about them but I have a german graf zeppelin I wood like to know about I have tried looking into it but to know avail would some one know about this

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
673 Posts
Posted 01/21/2019   12:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ClassicPhilatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ciffic2112,
Well, you've got a pretty magnificent card and stamp there. This is a German C36, it has a used value of $53 (not counting on cover). I'm not a German covers expert, so not sure what addition premium it would be on cover, but I'd have go guess at least an additional $50 - $100. Could be more if this is something significant, but your scan is too hard to see (and I'm pretty sure my German is crap).
Very nice. I suggest posting up a better image, higher resolution, particularly of the back, and perhaps someone else in the community will be able to shed more light on it than I can.
Very nice.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by ClassicPhilatelist - 01/21/2019 12:53 am
Valued Member
United States
19 Posts
Posted 01/21/2019   09:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ciffic2112 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the information. I Am very interested in the history, I have a few more cards. I feel they have history to them and, would love to share them with people and someone who would be able to translate them. hank you again. I will post them a little bit later in the day, when I get more time.
Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
Posted 01/22/2019   12:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add craigk to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can't see the exact day, but looks as tho the card is postmarked 1929 in NYC, so it probably flew on the LZ 127. You should be able to cross check comparable LuftPost Zeppelin cards on eBay.
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 05/15/2019   2:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zepman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is the Graf Zeppelin North America first flight of 1929. There was a lot of mail carried on that flight but your card looks in good condition so I'd say under $100.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05