Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Orange Free State Cinderella?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 467Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
28 Posts
Posted 01/21/2019   02:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Itsjustme7711 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Bought a large collection this last week and it's throwing out some oddities. Please see Pic and comment if you can. Thanks!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1153 Posts
Posted 01/21/2019   03:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tim H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. I've not seen this one before. It may date from the period immediately before Union with South Africa. I don't think it's Boer War because there's no propaganda element.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29882 Posts
Posted 01/21/2019   04:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
411 Posts
Posted 01/21/2019   07:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add m and m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
the sheets of coats of arms are from a set issued with an old album. they also came as pictures of flags and were to be put in on the first page of each country. memory fails me which album but it was a large bound blue board cover, possibly an international?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1153 Posts
Posted 01/21/2019   11:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tim H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to both. Learnt something new today.

Don't let some folk see the "very valuable" tag in the last promotional paragraph. They will be up on eBay for a small fortune before you can lick a hinge.
Valued Member
United States
28 Posts
Posted 01/21/2019   1:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Itsjustme7711 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent help! Thank you so much. I knew id get a thoughtful and useful answer here as always.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
524 Posts
Posted 01/21/2019   2:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the Scott International (Big Blue) and Scott Intl Junior have spaces for flag, crest and picture of a leader at the beginning of most (maybe all?) country listings. My old IPSA albums are full of them.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 467Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05