Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

SCF Slow To Load At Times

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar Of The Community
2116 Posts
Posted 07/02/2019   10:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very hit and miss for the last several months. Particularly difficult to connect today. All other websites load just fine.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1293 Posts
Posted 07/02/2019   11:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oy vey was a bear tonight. First 3 tries to log in lasted over 8 minutes before I gave up. Just got in now, quickly.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3228 Posts
Posted 07/03/2019   12:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, a tough night indeed.
Forum Dad
USA
1460 Posts
Posted 07/03/2019   3:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I think I may have it fixed. (fingers crossed)

I ran some tools on all the DB tables, repair and optimize.

But I think the real culprit was this....

Many years ago we had some performance issues so we added some code to record page urls/load times/time of day etc. So each page load added a row to the DB table so we could analyze things. We figured out the issue and fixed it, but never disabled the code. So this table now had almost 100 million rows in it! I removed the code from the site and deleted the table. The DB almost instantly went from about 100 million rows to about 900 thousand.

I noticed an immediate increase in pageload times and haven't had a slow one yet, but it's only been around an hour so far.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3228 Posts
Posted 07/03/2019   3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bobby. Much appreciated.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1293 Posts
Posted 07/03/2019   3:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The difference today is extraordinary.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4530 Posts
Posted 07/03/2019   7:13 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Been there, done that. Legacy code, gotta love it. Site feels very responsive now.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26621 Posts
Posted 07/03/2019   9:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Super fast so far...well done!

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2430 Posts
Posted 07/04/2019   06:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I got an "error processing page" this morning when I made a post. The post was successful but did not return to the view after posting.

Added:
For this update(not the first one), it took 3.54 seconds to lick this stamp so some delay.
Al
Edited by angore - 07/04/2019 06:43 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
538 Posts
Posted 07/04/2019   10:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ciletaliph to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Its not slow anymore, pages are loading quickly now!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3602 Posts
Posted 07/04/2019   5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have had super speed today.
Valued Member
United States
269 Posts
Posted 07/04/2019   5:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mml1942 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have also noticed a significant improvement in response today.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2430 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   11:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I still see occasional issues with very slow loading. Sometimes I get an error like "error processing page" in big red characters
Al
Edited by angore - 07/25/2019 11:37 am
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
619 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   11:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Seems to be off and on, some days fine and other days awful.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3228 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   1:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I am having issues again.
Page: of 7  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05