Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

SCF Slow To Load At Times

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 105 / Views: 4,826Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4006 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   2:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ditto. Sometimes o.k., and sometimes not o.k.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by bookbndrbob - 07/25/2019 7:58 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6776 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   3:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is slow maybe once a day if that much, but then I have to wait quite some time

Peter
Learn More...
8047 Posts
Posted 07/25/2019   4:18 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe that the original performance impact of the 'SCF searches' is still present; this would explain why it is intermittent. Ideally folks should use the Google search (top of page) that Bobby added instead of the SCF Search (lower on page) whenever possible.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 07/28/2019   10:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ugh. I am extremely frustrated. I wrote a lengthy new post regarding Malaya and States, but the site timed out and never added the post/images. I thought I had copied the post to my clipboard as a safeguard, but when I attempted to paste it into a fresh post the paste failed.

I am SO not motivated to rewrite the post and spend another 30 minutes recreating lost work.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
29379 Posts
Posted 07/29/2019   03:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I timed out this morning, and left.
I have a regime now, if I post a lengthy reply, I copy it, if SCF is slow, and
paste it to notebook.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6776 Posts
Posted 07/29/2019   08:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am very slow this morning - must have had a rough weekend

Peter
Forum Dad
USA
1526 Posts
Posted 07/29/2019   09:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have not seen any slowness for at least 10 days.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1427 Posts
Posted 07/30/2019   9:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are still issues. I just tried a 1-line post and it timed out as below.

Forum Dad
USA
1526 Posts
Posted 07/31/2019   08:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I still have not seen one slow page since the last fix.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
861 Posts
Posted 07/31/2019   11:39 am  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It took about 2 minutes to load the home page just now. This issue is quite definitely still there. I see the website come to a crawling stop at least once a day.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4376 Posts
Posted 07/31/2019   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty bad today.
Forum Dad
USA
1526 Posts
Posted 07/31/2019   2:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know what to say, all my page output times are under 1 second, mostly around 3/10 of a second.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
355 Posts
Posted 07/31/2019   2:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I doubt the problem is exclusively at your end, bobbi131313. I've had several occasions where SCF loaded very slowly or not at all. Rebooting my computer resolved the issue every time. The odds of my reboot corresponding precisely with a correction on your site are long indeed.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
861 Posts
Posted 07/31/2019   2:30 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely not a problem on my computer as everything else works fine. Just now it took about 2 minutes to get into this page. Honestly the site has been terrible lately. I'm a big fan of SCF but I end up giving up more often than getting in these days. If search is the culprit, can search be put on a different thread or something? It's becoming unusable.
Edited by rlsny - 07/31/2019 2:30 pm
Forum Dad
USA
1526 Posts
Posted 07/31/2019   3:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I've set the server to give a more detailed error response. If you get it, please copy and paste it here.

I just sat here for 20 minutes clinking link after link and everything is zippy.
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 105 / Views: 4,826Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05