Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

SCF Slow To Load At Times

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1304 Posts
Posted 08/02/2019   10:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just received the error below when refreshing the thread we are posting to:

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
229 Posts
Posted 08/02/2019   11:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Morning all,

Yep, things get problematic at times. My issue is once logged in and reading a thread I get the "server busy" or "server not found try again" error which are internet generated timing issues not necessarily a site issue? Is this the results of successful growth; or, trying to do al things for all people all of the time?

I am still satisfied overall but concerned these may be the good old days. Tomorrow and its tomorrow will tell.
Forum Dad
USA
1465 Posts
Posted 08/02/2019   3:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I uploaded the new search page, lets see what happens.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2491 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   07:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Over the last few weeks, overall it is much better.
Al
Forum Dad
USA
1465 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   3:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I had to disable the search, you must use the Google search for now.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26730 Posts
Posted 08/30/2019   02:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Generally, load times are OK now, for me,
sometimes a little slow, say 15 seconds etc, or just occasionally a "timeout"
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6718 Posts
Posted 08/30/2019   02:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't write down the exact dates/times, but I definitely have problems for a brief period sometime between Midnight and 2AM Central Time. When I use the link or my bookmark to "Recent Topics", sometimes it will just hang until it finally shows or times out. After I post, it might do the same thing -- although it does make my post. So after Midnight, if I make a post and see it hanging, I just close the tab and use my bookmark for SCF. Is there some sort of system maintenance being done every few days during that time?
Forum Dad
USA
1465 Posts
Posted 08/30/2019   09:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Backups.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3395 Posts
Posted 08/30/2019   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Are there any known SCF issues when using the Edge browser?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4549 Posts
Posted 08/30/2019   10:32 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Friends don't let friends use Edge.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4549 Posts
Posted 08/30/2019   10:57 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Seeing a lot of slowness this morning. It took almost 10 seconds after pressing submit on a post, for the board to respond. With the traditional search being disabled, presumably this means that search is not the cause of the longstanding problems. It's mid-day, so backups would not be the cause.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6718 Posts
Posted 08/30/2019   11:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add khj to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Friends don't let friends use Edge.

I am so annoyed by how Edge attempts to take over everything and over-ride your settings, even when I don't use Edge, that I removed it completely. Once a year, MS update will re-install it (and take forever in the process).

I was able to delay the May update until yesterday. MS then took literally overnight to finish installing the update. I now know why. They reinstalled all the bloatware and annoyware that I had removed or turned off, including Edge. They also put Cortana back on my taskbar. At least this time they didn't change all my settings to "send everything you do to Microsoft".

I wish I could remove Cortana completely without it affecting the search. Sigh...

Time to uninstall Edge, check all my settings, remove Cortana from taskbar... again...

Edited by khj - 08/30/2019 7:59 pm
Forum Dad
USA
1465 Posts
Posted 08/30/2019   4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Microsoft made it perfectly clear they had no idea how to make a browser with IE. Edge is no different, They still have no idea.
Learn More...
7084 Posts
Posted 08/30/2019   5:31 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And Google is no better, in my opinion Chrome sucks.

Having been a part of a team that developed a browser years ago, my opinion is that each underlying browser rendering engine (whether it is Trident, Gecko or Webkit) have their share of issues.

My beef is that instead of staying lean and performance orientated, ALL browsers have become bloated pieces of trash as they keep supporting more and more 'features'. The best browser is one where there is nothing left to remove, not when there is nothing left to add.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2491 Posts
Posted 08/31/2019   05:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At 5:20 eastern, SCF would not load for 4 minutes.
Al
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05