Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

US New 2019 Items Becoming A Tad Pricey!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 794Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1138 Posts
Posted 02/02/2019   5:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add PoStat4evR to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just got my sheets today of the new US Prioirty block/sheet and the new US ExpressMail block/sheet! Total $131.40 ! Guess I will have to eat the cheaper cereal for breakfast for awhile! Ha!
Send note to Staff
Edited by PoStat4evR - 02/02/2019 5:51 pm

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
505 Posts
Posted 02/02/2019   6:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Me too.

I consider it an investment in the financial well-being of the heir(s) to my collection. Imagine what all those expensive PME plate blocks will sell for in 10 to 20 years. Each one has a maximum lifetime of 2 years; most last only 1 year.

Now if only my grandfather had gone to the 1893 Columbian Exposition and done the same with all the Columbians. I'd have something only Bill Gross has - mint NH plate blocks of the full set; maybe even sheets!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by uboatnut - 02/02/2019 6:42 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3150 Posts
Posted 02/03/2019   05:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just have the single high value.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6805 Posts
Posted 02/03/2019   06:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In 10 to 20 years they will still be face postage. The issued quantities were far too great. Many millions of them compared to tens of thousands of the dollar value Columbians.

1.26 million stamps to be exact.

http://about.usps.com/postal-bullet...info_011.htm
Edited by rogdcam - 02/03/2019 07:06 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1138 Posts
Posted 02/03/2019   09:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
i think finding the Exress Mail one actually used on a mailed item, and keeping it instact on package, would increase the value of it a lot! Just do NOT see used ones of these around.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
685 Posts
Posted 02/03/2019   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funcitypapa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I certainly understand having a copy (used or unused) of the high value issues to keep a collection as complete as possible. Those thinking this will be a good investment I think are kidding themselves
Edited by funcitypapa - 02/03/2019 10:23 am
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
Posted 02/04/2019   3:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This is why I don't collect modern issues. I'd rather spend the $131.40 on a nice single classic stamp. :-)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2724 Posts
Posted 02/04/2019   10:41 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"This is why I don't collect modern issues"
said the man with the avatar of a modern stamp
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
560 Posts
Posted 02/05/2019   01:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rismoney to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope rogdcam words are heard. If you don't stay with scarcity, nothing else will matter, as elsewhere will be everywhere.

Then you have demand. Noone will pay anything for your stamps, even if they are rare, unless people actually want them.
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
Posted 02/05/2019   01:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eyeonwall - only modern plate number coils. My commemorative and definitive U.S. collection stops in the early 1970s. I find most modern American stamp lacking when compared to the classics. Just an opinion to which I say "to each their own".
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3150 Posts
Posted 02/05/2019   07:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, as an alternative you could have used the money for a partial payment on tickets or expenses related to the Super Bowl and have little to show for it!
Al
Edited by angore - 02/05/2019 07:09 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2724 Posts
Posted 02/05/2019   11:28 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a solution to the total cost being so high if you include the Priority and Express stamps. Don't let 2 stamps a year scare you off. Don't include them.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 794Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05