Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

First Complete Big Blue Page

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

54 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   11:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add SaborStamp to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm very happy to have my first completed Big Blue page! I recently began working on world classics, starting with a Scott Junior album from my father-in-law. Then I bought a couple of old albums on eBay, merging everything into new Big Blue albums, and filling in gaps with Stamps2Go. I have a long way to go, but thoroughly enjoying the process. A huge public thank you to Jim Jackson for his Big Blue blog - I'd be pretty lost without the information he provides.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
673 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   11:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ClassicPhilatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on your achievement SaborStamp!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6369 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   11:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Impressive! And congratulations, very nice looking

Peter

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4333 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   12:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations ......always a joy to fill a page .
Valued Member
Learn More...
353 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   2:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1840to1940 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations. Very nice. I don't think completing a page ever gets old.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26611 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   2:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well done.
Greece is a nice journey.
Refreshing to see used in mounts, good preservation.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
4209 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   2:42 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
... and there was I thinking they'd look better hinged.
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26611 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   2:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Philatelic democracy, alive and healthy........
Edited by rod222 - 02/10/2019 2:44 pm
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   3:30 pm  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking page!
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1141 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   4:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great achievement SaborStamp Please keep us informed of your progress!!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1039 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   5:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great job! Keep going.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
683 Posts
Posted 02/10/2019   8:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!

Last year I got my mint never hinged U.S. collection to the point where it will cost a pretty penny to fill any more of my Scott Minuteman pages. The unfinished page that will be the cheapest to fill will cost me at least $60 if I'm lucky on eBay (Scott #3138, alternate Bugs Bunny pane, $175 catalog). Then there's the page where the empty space for Scott #613 will mock me for the rest of my life....
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
1439 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   12:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jkjblue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Greece page.

and SaborStamp, you have much more fun ahead.

..and thanks for the kind words.

Jim Jackson
bigblue1840-1940.blogspot.com
Classical era collecting with the Blues
http://bigblue1840-1940.blogspot.com/
Valued Member
United States
168 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   06:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well done SaborStamp! I have some Minkus Global Master albums and don't think that I have any complete pages. This may change one day if I ever get the chance to sort through and mount any of the tens of thousands of worldwide stamps I've got stored away in boxes.
Valued Member
United States
256 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   07:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice job.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
3722 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   08:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dianne Earl to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great page Sabor Stamp

Thanks for sharing.

Dianne
Don't grumble that the roses have thorns, be thankful that the thorns have roses
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.96 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05