Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Collected Extra Shipping Cost But Sent By Normal Mail

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

Singapore
491 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   06:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add pennyblackie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Bought a stamp on eBay recently and requested for the stamp to me sent by registered post. The seller invoiced be an additional 6 which I paid but the stamp came in a normal mail in my letterbox. I messaged the seller couple of times for the tracking number and got no reply. Now I know why there was silence. I am asking him to refund me the additional 6 which he unethically charged me.
Send note to Staff
Edited by pennyblackie - 02/11/2019 07:00 am

Valued Member
Learn More...
Japan
317 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   07:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ClassicPhilatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Make sure you open a case with eBay. They may be able to help you recover it in that case.
If he can't provide a tracking number that shows was sent to your address, then they will side with you.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Singapore
491 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   07:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This will be the first case I am opening with eBay if the seller doesn't give a refund. Not going to deal with this seller again.
Valued Member
United States
253 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The seller will probably block you anyway so, yes, you won't be dealing with him again.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
911 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   10:51 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm interested in how eBay resolves this. I'm not sure they will take your side because your not claiming a fault with the item just an after sale dispute with the seller.

My bet is the seller will refund the extra postage, he was probably posting a bunch of items an just forgot to register yours.

I hope you let us know how this turns out.
Valued Member
Singapore
491 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   11:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Will keep you guys updated. The seller has not replied to my message. I have opened a case with PayPal, will see how they handle this.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
532 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The only way to protect yourself from a seller like this is to file an INR case.

It is not nice but neither is the seller.
Valued Member
Singapore
491 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   1:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking about that initially, but decided to take the high road instead.
Edited by pennyblackie - 02/11/2019 1:32 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
532 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   1:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What type of case did you open in Paypal?
Valued Member
Singapore
491 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   2:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Item not matching the description. The item in question is the service that I paid for.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
532 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   3:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dutchman1948 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Even if you win, you will have to pay for return shipping with tracking at your expense.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
839 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   3:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
pennyblackie, this has happened to me also. A couple of years ago I won two lots from a certain eBay seller. I asked for an invoice with combined normal shipping and received it with what I knew was too high a charge. I queried this with the seller who told me I was paying for Registered Post due to the high cost of the two sales.

Sure enough, having paid A$8 for postage, the two lots were sent by normal post (cost A$1). As you'd expect, I received no response to my questioning the overcharging from the seller so I opened a case through eBay. Within a few days I received a message from the seller saying despite what he had advised he was refunding the overcharged postage. How very magnanimous....

If your intention is to keep the item, push hard for the refund of the overcharge, leave negative feedback honestly describing what has taken place, don't deal with that seller again and move on
Valued Member
Canada
404 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   9:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Have to strongly agree with Bobby. And you might also want to consider doing a seller review on the stampsmarter website.

Mike
Valued Member
Singapore
491 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am planning to keep the stamp. The seller got back and has agreed to refund me the 6. He said he sent out by normal mail as he had forgotten I paid extra. It is a stamp with catalogue value of a few hundred and I can't believe he handled it so sloppily. The stamp was also not put in a mounting strip, just sloppily put into a small paper envelope and chucked into a larger envelope with no hard backing.
Edited by pennyblackie - 02/11/2019 9:58 pm
Valued Member
Canada
404 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   10:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, you are lucky to have gotten it undamaged. Well at least he owned up to his mistake, but too bad it was only after you opened up a case with paypal. He should have discussed it with you sooner.
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
839 Posts
Posted 02/11/2019   10:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All's well that ends well as they say but I wouldn't be dealing with that seller again!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05