Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Does It Bother Anyone Else When A Set Starts Out As One Denom But Ends As Another.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 641Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
54 Posts
Posted 02/13/2019   7:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add eraserman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It does bother me.

I like the Flags of our Nation set but it starts out as 42 cent then goes to 44 cent and finally ends as a forever stamp.

Do stamp sets like this bother anyone else?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6842 Posts
Posted 02/13/2019   7:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I see no problem with this

Peter

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
265 Posts
Posted 02/13/2019   8:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It doesn't bother me.
Valued Member
Canada
273 Posts
Posted 02/13/2019   8:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EasyOne to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It has happened in Canada, but it doesn't bother me
Pillar Of The Community
699 Posts
Posted 02/14/2019   06:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Glenn Estus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
why would it bother anyone? Lots more important things in life that this to bother me about.
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
Posted 02/14/2019   07:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Swscfdc87 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No, it doesn't bother me. Distinguished Americans bothers me slightly because the series is still going, but looks so different from the originals. Denomination change, I feel, is inevitable.
Learn More...
8264 Posts
Posted 02/14/2019   08:19 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is bothersome when I have existing custom album pages and webpages which are series based. I have to wait years to finish modifying and finalizing them. But as others have said, I view it as just being 'the way it is'.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1326 Posts
Posted 02/14/2019   08:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Tangent alert:
The new Distinguished Americans are so unlike the original series, in design, size and frequency of issue. I consider them commemoratives--therefore, they don't get any special treatment from me (i.e., custom album pages to keep definitive sets together).

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
650 Posts
Posted 02/15/2019   3:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canadianphilatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess it would depend how you organized your stamps i.e. if you organize your stamps by denomination?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1471 Posts
Posted 02/15/2019   7:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As a definitives collector I am more bothered when stamps from the same set have IDENTICAL denominations. Definitives are supposed to be "one of every denomination needed to easily make up all postal rates in effect." Sometimes values are issued with the same denomination in a different color, or even a different design within the set.

I realize that a set like the American Flags set loses some of it's design orthodoxy by having changes to the denomination, but hey everyone collects in a different way. If a set like this bothers you visually, you can always decide to adjust focus to only include long sets like these that have only the same denomination.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
284 Posts
Posted 02/16/2019   04:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
UK machins have even changed currency over the years -- had we joined the euro they would have done this twice!
Maybe even three times, if we had joined and then quit again after Brexit.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 641Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05