Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1934 Green 1 Cent Stamp

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
Posted 02/26/2019   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add miss_dancer14 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am not a stamp collector but was helping my parents sort through some boxes of old books and came across a newspaper of my grandparents from 1934. The newspaper isnt that exciting but the stamp stuck to it caught my eye. It looks like it has the date 1934 stamped acrossed. No one in my family has ever collected stamps to my knowledge so I'm not sure why this stamp was on there, but I imagine it's been sitting in the box for quite a few years. Is it anything exciting? Or just a boring stamp?
Send note to Staff

Learn More...
6938 Posts
Posted 02/26/2019   4:37 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.
Your stamp was one of the real 'workhorses' of that era and they printed millions of them. Stamp condition is important in stamp collecting and unfortunately your stamp is damaged. But you can learn more about it here http://stampsmarter.com/1847usa/192...ntifier.html
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05