Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

USPS Loses 1.5 Billion Dollars In First Quarter Of New Fiscal Year

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,193Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   08:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Swscfdc87 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Stampman2002! I love walking down memory lane.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
950 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   09:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is eight an appropriate sample size? How did they pick these eight? Were they eight out of XX who fit the spin ABC wanted to tell? Of the eight, how many were former employees? Are not former employee much more likely to have lower opinions of an employer?

Everything I've ever read about working conditions in Amazon fulfillment centers appears to corroborate the story that rod222 posted. And I'm talking about fulfillment centers in the U.S., not just Australia.

I'm with johnsim03 on this one. I'd go back to washing dishes in my dorm's dining hall or scrubbing deep fryers at Burger King before I'd ever consider working in an Amazon sweatshop.
Learn More...
8370 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   09:57 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For US Amazon workers...

Warehouse and Fullfillment workers start at $15 per hour
Process Assistant start at $15 per hour
Software Engineers make an average of $108,540 per year
Area Managers make an average of $60,000 per year
Product Managers make an average of $130,000 per year
Senior Product Managers make an average of $130,000 per year

The Health insurance benefits are outstanding, rated 4.5 out of 5 by over 30,000 US employees

Good news is that unemployment is at the lowest rate in US that it has been in decades, so if folks do not like working at Amazon they can easily find another job.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5034 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   10:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
8370 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   10:11 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fixed
Meanwhile, in the far left leaning world...

Again, the good news is that no one is forced to work at Amazon. I guess it is popular to be a 'victim' in this day and age.
Perhaps the best place to start with poor working conditions and low pay is China? Oh the irony of having people who are wearing Nikes and with iPhone in their pockets are claiming to be downtrodden employees at Amazon.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2715 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   10:23 am  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My wife and I worked for Amazon in Kentucky while between jobs. The pay is better than most common retail or service sector jobs and the benefits are better than most places, but yes the work there is horrendous and brutal. The turnover rate is extremely high and physical risk is also high - heat and dehydration being the worst issues. People have collapsed and some have died. My wife even lost toenails from having to walk so much. You never bothered to learn anyone's name as you expected people wouldn't last long enough to know them. I would not recommend working there unless one is desperate for a job.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4763 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   11:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Having lived and worked in Iraq, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and other sweet spots it is amusing to see what First World Country inhabitants consider sweatshops. Priceless. Not sure where all of this is going. Well at least Evilzon was not allowed to stain NY with its dirty capitalist money.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,193Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05