Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Gardenia Details Magazine

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
699 Posts
Posted 02/27/2019   10:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add sak to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Sadly, Canada Post failed to send me the latest Details magazine: 2019 No.2: Gardenias

I wonder if there is someone out there who can get me the English version with the English-first indicia?
I could trade with the International version with no picture indicia.

Thanks for your consideration.
Steve
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
699 Posts
Posted 03/15/2019   11:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are four versions of Canada Post's Details magazine.

1. English version - with English-first flowers indicia
mailed to English Canadians

2. French version - with French-first flowers indicia
mailed to French Canadians

3. Bilingual version - printed tête-bêche, no indicia
post office racks

4. International version - English, black pre-paid no flowers
mailed to USA and abroad

As I indicated in the post above, I am missing #1 and would be happy to trade a #3 or #4.
Thanks for your consideration.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Canada
3 Posts
Posted 03/15/2019   8:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dr.mom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can send you an English one, though I have no idea what indicia are, email me a mailing address.

dr. mom
Canada
3 Posts
Posted 03/16/2019   11:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dr.mom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I tried to send you an email this morning but because I am a new member I can't do that. Hopefully you can email me. I can still send you a paper copy as I offered previously or I can send you or a ideal copy in PDF format if you send me an email address.
Canada
3 Posts
Posted 03/16/2019   11:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dr.mom to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That is a digital copy, boy I hat spell-check.
Pillar Of The Community
699 Posts
Posted 03/16/2019   12:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you dr.mom
"Indicia" means the impression of the stamp, in this case, Gardenias.
Pillar Of The Community
699 Posts
Posted 03/21/2019   3:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sadly, dr.mom sent a #3 details/endétail. So now I have two of these to trade for a #1: English Details with English-first picture post stamp (indicia) of Gardenias.
dr.mom is, however, a very nice person!
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1165 Posts
Posted 03/21/2019   11:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm out of town returning the first week of April.

I'm sure that I'll have the English version that I'll mail to you. No trade wanted.
Pillar Of The Community
699 Posts
Posted Yesterday   1:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sak to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, BlackJag
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05