Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Strange Air Mail Cover With Even Stranger Drawing Inside!!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 721Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
165 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Gswarriorz510 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anyone have any idea what exactly this could be? And shouldn't there be a received stamp on the back? Part of it appears to be burned. Possibly from a crash? Not sure just throwing out suggestions!

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Thailand
87 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   12:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BattleshipRB23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Self-made postal history... with a strange twist.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   12:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gswarriorz510 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh ok thanks! Strange indeed
Learn More...
8140 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   1:24 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yikes, an atomic bomb drawing.
Indeed, this was part of growing up in the 1960s and early 1970s. I know kids today have to fear mass shootings but back then we had atomic 'duck and cover' drills in school where we were taught to 'hide' under our school desks and not look into the blinding light of the atomic bomb. Those that could afford it, dug bunkers into their backyards. Being I was young and dumb, I sewed peace symbol patches on the army jacket I purchased at the second hand store along with various other 'hippie' patches. I was strongly left leaning back then and joined protests against the war. When US pulled out and left behind all the people that had helped us in South Vietnam I learned an important life lesson.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2051 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   2:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if that is still a feature with the current house at that address.
Pillar Of The Community
2772 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   3:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The envelope never went through the mail - note the complete absence of postmarks on either side.
It is not postal history - one could make up a very similar envelope today using old stamps.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
922 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   10:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Blue Chip and S&H Green Stamps are a nice touch.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1103 Posts
Posted 02/28/2019   11:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
DUCK & COVER DRILLS! Boy, does that bring back memories of stupid school films and school air raid drills! Don't throw it out. It is a unique part of American history.
Edited by Hal - 02/28/2019 11:52 pm
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
Posted 03/01/2019   12:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gswarriorz510 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool thanks everyone for the feedback! I figured it hadn't been used through the mail service. I still find it to be cool and will definitely hang on to it!
Pillar Of The Community
1060 Posts
Posted 03/03/2019   02:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kimo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did it come with a tin foil hat?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1188 Posts
Posted 03/03/2019   12:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nah, you didn't need a tin foil hat. Every one knows you just put the metal strainer on top of your head.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 721Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05