Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Is A Reasonable Value For These Cancelled Stamps

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Posted 03/12/2019   1:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AravindMichigan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finally got the book- It is nicely arranged from 1963 -1990 with scott #'s ..attaching pics not uploaded before

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 03/12/2019   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampboylife to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice US collection. Inspires me to organize mine by years. How much did you pay for this lot?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1116 Posts
Posted 03/12/2019   3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If this were mine, I'd get them out of those Crystal Mounts. They can destroy the stamps within them because they shrink.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2983 Posts
Posted 03/12/2019   3:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You never want to see the shrinking, wrinkling Crystal Mounts. And, they usually came with a "bonus" danger...the adhesive tape put on the sides to keep the stamps from sliding out. More often than not, the degrading tape gum would migrate onto the stamps making them absolutely uncollectible and utterly worthless.
Pillar Of The Community
2172 Posts
Posted 03/12/2019   3:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To return to the OP's question ... about $5-$6 + shipping to purchase 200 all-different US commemoratives in a packet on eBay.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3664 Posts
Posted 03/12/2019   3:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Posted 03/12/2019   3:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AravindMichigan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@newstampboylife ..I paid $18 including shipping.. about 50 pages total.
stampman2002,bookdndrbob- thanks for the tip- will try to get them out..
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 03/13/2019   12:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampboylife to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess thats fair price Aravind, as long as you love the stamps. I recently paid $35 for a world wide lot. I really like the statehood page 2336-2348. I wonder if they have all 50 states? That would be a nice complete set.
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
Posted 03/13/2019   1:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AravindMichigan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@stampboylife..looks like its always sold as set of 13..at least thats what I see online- see below.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-1990-...380836016158

And I agree- I am holding my hand not to get tempted at eBay and buy stuff impulsively.. I need to come up with a plan and budget before I spend anything anymore.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
998 Posts
Posted 03/13/2019   6:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The stamps depict the original 13 colonies ... hence only 13 stamps.
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   09:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampboylife to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If its only the 13 original colonies, what is this new release? Are these are different serires...
https://store.usps.com/store/produc...ood-S_478404

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3664 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   11:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please note the 22 denomination vs forever stamp and the totally different design. Yes, different series.
Edited by redwoodrandy - 03/14/2019 11:52 am
Valued Member
United States
7 Posts
Posted 08/10/2019   3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ezeta63 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not very valuable, but a nice little collection
Valued Member
24 Posts
Posted 08/24/2019   11:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add elmerfudd22 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
maybe a penny a stamp is about it, but many are not worth that unfortunately
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05