Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is Anyone Here Affiliated With The Indiana Stamp Club?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4727 Posts
Posted 03/06/2019   09:15 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add revenuecollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm trying to get a list of the 15 dealers attending the Indiana Stamp Club Spring Fair this weekend. The club website appears not to have been updated since late last year, the page for the spring fair doesn't list any dealer information (DUMB!), and nobody replies to emails sent to any of the several email addresses on the website (MORE DUMB!).

I can't stand stamp clubs that are firmly stuck in the 1980s. I get that most stamp collectors are cranky old men and this newfangled Interwebz is just a passing fad that will never catch on, but seriously, COME ON NOW!

No excuse for it at all.

*harumph*
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
2562 Posts
Posted 03/06/2019   10:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's not a very polite way to get a response from them either.

Local clubs are staffed by unpaid and often unthanked volunteers who out in countless hours.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4727 Posts
Posted 03/06/2019   10:43 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh well. My first several emails to them were quite polite. How many attempts was I supposed to make?

If you don't use email on a regular basis, then you shouldn't be a contact person for an organization. There are base levels of communication that should be expected in the digital age.

P.S. I do the website for my local club gratis, so I know perfectly well how that works, so spare me the lecture.
Edited by revenuecollector - 03/06/2019 10:46 am
Pillar Of The Community
2562 Posts
Posted 03/06/2019   10:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good, then you would understand that flogging volunteers in public is poor form and you would not appreciate it being done to yourself.
I will see if I can nudge them.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4727 Posts
Posted 03/06/2019   10:51 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
John, if I were not fulfilling my obligations as an officer of the organization, and not responding to someone who wants to come to their show and spend considerable amounts of money, thus making their dealers happy, I would *HOPE* that someone would call me out. I would need it!

Thank you.
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
Posted 03/06/2019   2:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ScottEnglish to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just sent a note out to see if we can get some information. Hopefully, they will update the site, but I also asked for a list and will share here when I receive it.

Scott
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4727 Posts
Posted 03/06/2019   2:28 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Scott.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4727 Posts
Posted 03/06/2019   8:08 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes shaking the tree produces results after all. Thanks.

I've posted about the show and the dealer list here: http://goscf.com/t/66731
Pillar Of The Community
2562 Posts
Posted 03/06/2019   10:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05