Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest US Stamps Announced

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
32 Posts
Posted 03/12/2019   3:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add CL_Arctos to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody, just wanted to let you all know (if you haven't already heard) that we've had some more new US stamps announced today. We'll be getting Sesame Street, T-Rex, and Halloween stamps sometime later this year! I'm pretty excited about the T-Rex stamps, myself, but the child in my is also tickled by the Sesame Street characters being included this year for their 50th anniversary. For more information, check out this link to the USPS Newsroom page:

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/nat...for-2019.htm
Send note to Staff
Edited by CL_Arctos - 03/12/2019 3:18 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
575 Posts
Posted 03/13/2019   03:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool! I'll certainly buy a few panes of the Sesame Street stamps, but I really wish they had panes of the individual characters, so I could stock up on Count von Count and Oscar the Grouch.

I often think of dressing up as one of Oscar's Grouchketeers for Halloween, but I never get around to it.
k067gEuEFJY
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by erilaz - 03/13/2019 03:35 am
Valued Member
United States
37 Posts
Posted 03/15/2019   12:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fini32 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can never go wrong with some T-rex stamps, although I imagine he/she would make a poor philatelist with those tiny hands XD
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2195 Posts
Posted 03/15/2019   08:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am no fan of T-rex stamps or many other pop culture stamps.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2575 Posts
Posted 03/15/2019   09:36 am  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, thanks to my 4 year olds I'm pretty familiar with all the Sesame Street characters.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2571 Posts
Posted 03/15/2019   09:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So many important historic topics and the USPS goes pop. Sad.
Valued Member
United States
32 Posts
Posted 03/15/2019   11:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CL_Arctos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I realize I side with the minority when it comes to pop culture on stamps. I certainly don't like ALL of the pop culture topics the USPS has chosen to put on stamps, and I definitely like when there's a historical connection to the topic, but I can't deny my enjoyment of some of the "simpler" topics, too :)

I do hope we hear on the Moon Landing stamp soon... they seem to be waiting an awfully long time to let us know on that one.
Valued Member
United States
24 Posts
Posted 03/15/2019   2:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampboylife to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There was a recent news article that the T-Rex did not even look like that (or what we imagine it was or what was shown on Jurassic Park)! Nice timing USPS!!
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
Posted 03/15/2019   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do hope we hear on the Moon Landing stamp soon... they seem to be waiting an awfully long time to let us know on that one

With the issuing policies of the USPS, it is liable to show a picture of Luke Skywalker or Captain Kirk landing on the moon!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2195 Posts
Posted 03/15/2019   4:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For the moon landing, I would like to see something that is larger than normal and engraved. I doubt it will be multi-design since Muppets deserve more stamps.
Al
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05