Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Need Comments From Sellers on Stamps2go

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
10 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   11:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've read many comments from buyers about Stamps2Go.
I would like to hear from sellers.

General comments
Things to do
Things NOT to do
Selling success
Whatever else.

I've been selling on eBay for years.
Results have been poor.
I know enough to price items at about 10-20% of catalog (Scott).
I don't sell internationally (US only).
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Singapore
574 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can start by opening your sales to international buyers.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
567 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   3:04 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We sell international on stamps2go but there is more US there. It is easy to use. You have to watch your postage settings. If you set minimum purchase too high you won't get known, so new sellers like us often set low minimums. But that can get you in trouble with postage costs. What I can't tell you is what the US market is like on there since we are only selling worldwide. My US is only on eBay.
Valued Member
10 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You can start by opening your sales to international buyers.

Problem, at least for me, is the cost of postage.
A one ounce rigid letter is $1.36 -- at least to western Europe.

But I'll think about it.

And if I keep listings to a max of 20% of Scott that should work.

Thanks for the responses.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3802 Posts
Posted 03/15/2019   10:37 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The problem of postal costs isn't really for you, it's for the buyer. If your stamps are good value, buyers won't be deterred by paying actual postage costs. And by not selling abroad, you both diminish your market and reduce bidding levels. If I sell stamps, I don't really pay much attention to CV. I start at low levels and let the market decide. In time, you get more people who keep an eye out for your lots.
Valued Member
10 Posts
Posted 03/17/2019   10:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Another question.

I started to make a listing, mostly as a test.
It was a set of Brazil postage dues.
Unless I missed something (which is quite possible) it looks like there is no option for listing a set of stamps.
Listings are limited to one item, i.e., a single Scott number.
So my Brazil postage dues set (9 stamps) has to be listed as 9 separate items.

Is that correct?
If so, then Stamps2Go is close to useless for me.
If not, where do I find the "set" option.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4301 Posts
Posted 03/17/2019   11:25 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Problem, at least for me, is the cost of postage.
A one ounce rigid letter is $1.36 -- at least to western Europe.

But Stamps2Go allows $2 in S&H for international shipments, which should cover the majority of shipments. The problem comes when you have high-value items or where weight/size triggers parcel rates, which are an order of magnitude (or more) higher in cost. Stamps2Go is archaic in that it has no provision for these scenarios.

Stamps2GO IMO is not a venue for higher-value items or bulk lots of any kind.

P.S. Additionally, it doesn't appear to have any provision for state sales tax collection, which could put them and/or individual sellers in hot water in light of Wayfair. It's sales tax policy page is woefully obsolete.
Edited by revenuecollector - 03/17/2019 11:27 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1126 Posts
Posted 03/17/2019   11:53 am  Show Profile Check cfrphoto's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cfrphoto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But Stamps2Go allows $2 in S&H for international shipments, which should cover the majority of shipments.

Unfortunately, UPU regulations no longer allow First Class Mail International to carry merchandise. While, widely ignored, stamps purchased from US based sellers must use outrageously expensive First Class Package International service with a customs form. Aside from the hassle, postage rates are $10 to $14 or more.

Quote:
First-Class Mail« International Letter**
Max. length 11-1/2", height 6-1/8" or thickness 1/4"
Value of contents can not exceed $0.00
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4301 Posts
Posted 03/17/2019   12:03 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Candidly, I don't know any seller actually abiding by those regulations, including brick & mortar dealers. It would instantly kill international sales of anything but high-value items.

We'll see what happens if the U.S. actually follows through on its withdrawal from the UPU, in which case those UPU regulations no longer apply, but presumably there will be other consequences.

Those UPU regulations, if enforced, would sound the death knell for international commerce... except for the Chinese who can ship internationally to the U.S. for 1/10 of what it costs U.S. sellers to ship *within* the U.S.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
506 Posts
Posted 03/17/2019   12:06 pm  Show Profile Check kcaramat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kcaramat to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Unfortunately, UPU regulations no longer allow First Class Mail International to carry merchandise. While, widely ignored, stamps purchased from US based sellers must use outrageously expensive First Class Package International service with a customs form. Aside from the hassle, postage rates are $10 to $14 or more.

Sounds like an opportunity for US and European sellers to partner with each other. Hold some of each others stock so shipments could be made domestically from international sellers.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3802 Posts
Posted 03/17/2019   12:19 pm  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I find it odd that these US stipulations are not matched by the UK's, which make no mention of packaging - see the current Royal Mail pricing document

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/def...rch-2019.pdf

I'm still sending via standard packaging, and taping a downloaded customs valuation form to the envelope.
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
Posted 03/17/2019   12:44 pm  Show Profile Check johnsim03's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add johnsim03 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Take a close look at the fee schedule before you spend a lot of time listing items there. Keep in mind that when you cash out transactions to your PayPal account, this results in an additional fee...

I have used Stamps2Go, but the results have been not worth the effort for me. For others, it might be okay.

John
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1126 Posts
Posted 03/17/2019   1:00 pm  Show Profile Check cfrphoto's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cfrphoto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@kcaramat and @GeoffHa

From What I read, the requirement only applied to selected countries. They may have been motivated by a desire to collect VAT or GST type taxes. Perhaps the regulation will go away if the US withdraws from the UPU, but it could remain because the USPS is not particularly responsive to the needs of international shippers located in the United States.

In any case discussing shipment of better stamps to international buyers is becoming academic. Stamps2Go was never an option and eBay international sales of stamps dropped sharply as First Class Package International rates rose astronomically and the price threshold for tracking had to be lowered, especially to countries without reliable mail delivery.
Edited by cfrphoto - 03/17/2019 1:38 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05