Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

£950000... Any Takers For this Block of 12?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community

Singapore
574 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   12:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add pennyblackie to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Amazing large block of 12 for sale by Stanley Gibbons. Anyone with more than a million dollars to spare?

https://www.stanleygibbons.com/gb-1...2305054.html

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Thailand
57 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   1:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BattleshipRB23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Holy Toledo! Amazing, thank you for sharing that with us.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2456 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   1:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modern_who to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They don't appear to be in very good condition.
Larry, APS Member

Modern-Vue Stamps on eBay
Valued Member
United States
181 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   1:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully no one will cut it up to make a jumbo :)
Edited by Willwood42 - 03/14/2019 1:51 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Singapore
574 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   2:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add pennyblackie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Modern_who, for such a large block, the condition is exceptionally good.
Valued Member
United States
457 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   2:36 pm  Show Profile Check 1typesetter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1typesetter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Modern_who, if you were 179 years old I'm sure you wouldn't look so good.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4301 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   2:41 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pet peeve warning: I hate when multiples are marketed this way. I see it with U.S. revenue multiples all the time. It's not a block of 12. It's a block of 4 and a block of 8.

Is it an attractive and scarce item? Absolutely! But it's NOT a block of 12.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1439 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   2:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Its too bad that it got broken up at one point.
Its an amazing item.
Valued Member
United States
221 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   4:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mml1942 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Think how long someone had to look to match the two pieces back together.
Pillar Of The Community
USA
2456 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   7:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modern_who to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looked like a fold to me.
Larry, APS Member

Modern-Vue Stamps on eBay
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
926 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   8:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's a block of 4 and a block of 8.

That was my first thought too. There's a couple of well known blocks of New South Wales classics that have been 'reunited'.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2572 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   9:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice block of TWELVE. You can play semantics when you pony up a million Pounds.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1162 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   9:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have to turn down the opportunity as I don't live in England where the purchaser gets free delivery of the product.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2572 Posts
Posted 03/14/2019   9:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
30 Posts
Posted 03/17/2019   1:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uweinnh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll pay through PayPal ;!)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05