Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What To Call My Themed Collection

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Thailand
86 Posts
Posted 03/16/2019   05:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BattleshipRB23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My vote, keep it simple: "Historical Figures"

Perhaps there is no need for mentioning German, Germanic, Germany, etc. as a viewer will quickly deduce that your collection is Germany by nature.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
719 Posts
Posted 03/17/2019   02:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So were you studying German linguistics with Claudia Schiffer, erliaz?

LOL! I wish!

I do have a Claudia Schiffer stamp, though. Unfortunately it's just part of a dodgy wallpaper mini-sheet of "Sexy Models" that purports to be from Eritrea.
Edited by erilaz - 03/17/2019 02:15 am
Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
Posted 03/17/2019   5:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rhett to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For your title, how about "Doyens on Deutschbriefmarken"?
Pillar Of The Community
634 Posts
Posted 03/29/2019   03:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Famous Germans" works for me. The fewer words the better. Or "Historical Germans". I also like "Deutsche auf Briefmarken" (Germans on Stamps) maybe the best.
Valued Member
Thailand
86 Posts
Posted 05/08/2019   10:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BattleshipRB23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@NomadMan - So what did you decide on?
Pillar Of The Community
Russian Federation
540 Posts
Posted 05/08/2019   12:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Alexey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Many people of German descent are known in Russia, became its heroes and wealth. How do you feel about such personalities and will you include them in the collection?

two examples: the Russian general engineer Karl Schilder and the empress Catherine II the Great

United States
3 Posts
Posted 09/16/2019   8:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NomadMan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all.

I was away from the forum for a while working on some projects for work (I'm a self-employed writer).

@BattleshipRB23 / My album format is coming along pretty good and I decided to title it "German Stamps of Historical Persons."

@Alexey / My themed album is not about Germans only, but any historical figure featured on a German stamp, German or not.

I have been having a lot of fun searching for these stamps on eBay and have made quite a few purchases already.

I am creating my own album pages and after completing the entire album I found that I didn't like it, so I am starting all over again. Here is an example of a page from Bavaria.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05