Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Stampsitaly.com- Any Feedbck?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1672 Posts
Posted 03/20/2019   10:59 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Stamps1962 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone bought from this online seller?

http://www.stampsitaly.com/

It is apparently part of a larger grouping of similar sites specializing in specific countries. What I find odd is how they seem to not want viewers to know who they are or where they are based. Things I like to know before I do business.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff
Edited by Stamps1962 - 03/20/2019 11:13 am

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1073 Posts
Posted 03/20/2019   1:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fortunately they accept paypal which is very helpful if something goes wrong. they also have their Skype number on the site to be contacted directly.

Thanks for mentioning this site- I have a few tough Libya items I want to ask about.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by shermae - 03/20/2019 1:17 pm
Learn More...
6384 Posts
Posted 03/20/2019   1:20 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Odd things... this domain name is 'not found' by ICANN and when you ping this IP address it returns a hosting site in USA.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1672 Posts
Posted 03/20/2019   2:32 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I still wonder if they are based in Italy. That is not a deal breaker but it might make me want to buy insurance on mailings.

Italy can be a difficult area to find, it seems. Especially modern stuff. I recently reopened my dormant collection and just bought another section for my Palo album. Most sites have an 'about us' thing, this one doesn't. Makes me a bit cautious. Maybe I will message them with a 'who are you' and can share any reply.
Edited by Stamps1962 - 03/20/2019 4:20 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1073 Posts
Posted 03/20/2019   5:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They do seem to be from Europe- items are priced in Euros, including shipping. All in Italian. But Don is right, it's a bit odd in other ways.
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
1924 Posts
Posted 03/20/2019   6:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking at the shipping cost for the USA they indicate 4 euros.That is a simple(Registered) tracked mail.It is not signed for(20g)Registered mail which costs 8,40 euros in reality.The
simple tracked mail is not always trackable until destination.It's just a way confirming that it was sent.Upon arrival the postman just drops it in your mailbox.Now he may register
it as delivered or may not.The real registered signed for mail can be tracked all the way through.You would have too confirm the insurance charges in case of loss or theft.In france
a 20g letter on R1 international has insurance of 45 euros and costs 6,60 euros.R2 is 7,70euros for 145euros insured.That is the highest insurance possible for letters.Any higher :one would have to go through expedited delivery type Fedex,DHl which costs much more.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1672 Posts
Posted 03/20/2019   7:44 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Reply received,

Thank you for your contact.
'My name is Pedro Almeida, and I've been a stamp dealer for the past 30
years.
We are based in Portugal and have a very large stock of stamps from
European countries such as France and Italy.
We are also American Philatelic Society Dealer member #228891 you can
check our credentials at the APS website at:'

Looks OK to me.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1073 Posts
Posted 03/21/2019   12:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes but per perf12 the shipping has become nutso.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1672 Posts
Posted 04/08/2019   2:41 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Update, FWIW I placed an order right after my last post on here. I still don't have it. Had to email twice to get a tracking #.

It wasn't mailed until 4-1. So far he seems sort of slow. Will update when I get them.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1672 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   7:29 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Order finally received last week. Just began working on moving these stamps into my album, twenty years of year sets 1960-79. I am just up to 1964, thus far I have found I am missing four stamps that should be there but apparently aren't. In two cases it's the highest value of a set. The sets involved so far are all cheap, I can easily fill them out on stamps to Go but I shouldn't have to. So far I'm not impressed.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05