Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scarce Ws-3 With Rouletted Peforations, MNH And Sound?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 2,129Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
319 Posts
Posted 03/29/2019   7:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reedededge to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Think my days with this company are done. Siegel gives me red carpet treatment, sells genuine stamps and has a flawless reputation....like Redwoody said, "Happy, Happy". I know it's old news to many on this board, but I willl start sharing a few of my other personal experiences with Apfelbaum, here and elsewhere, over the next couple of weeks.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8108 Posts
Posted 03/29/2019   7:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At least if a stamp sold by Siegel turns out to be bad they deal with it properly and move on.
Valued Member
United States
319 Posts
Posted 03/29/2019   8:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reedededge to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At least if a stamp sold by Siegel turns out to be bad they deal with it properly and move on.

......which happens with Siegel very seldom.

I have managed to avoid many of Apfelbaum's "trap" stamps (which there are MANY of on each of their listings).

However, for the poor, unsuspecting collector who doesn't know any better, they will likely become Apfelbaum collateral damage.

But fear not.....Apfelbaum protects all of their customers with their ironclad "lifetime guarantee of genuineness".

Pillar Of The Community
United States
8108 Posts
Posted 03/29/2019   8:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It happens with everyone at least occasionally; clearly some much more then others.
Valued Member
United States
319 Posts
Posted 03/31/2019   11:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reedededge to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just curious, is John Apfelbaum or any of the firm's employees either an APS or ASDA member, or does John's involvement in the criminal stamp bid rigging scam preclude that?
Edited by Reedededge - 03/31/2019 11:33 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8752 Posts
Posted 03/31/2019   12:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4709 Posts
Posted 03/31/2019   2:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As I remember John Apelbaum was the chairman of the ASDA ethics committee and voluntarily resigned from the ASDA. He was also the treasurer of the APS at one time.
Valued Member
United States
319 Posts
Posted 03/31/2019   3:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reedededge to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And who is Kenneth Apfelbaum reprimanded by the APS for the use of "deceptive terminology"?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1078 Posts
Posted 03/31/2019   3:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
NOW, be honest. How many dealers looked down that list for their names? (LOL, JK).

I have bought with them many years ago and only one recent purchase of a group of imperf Franklins. I was happy with that because what I look for is not what they look for (centering).

I had one big eBay dealer ban me from bidding on his items (and one other eBay name) because I questioned a Scott number on an early Franklin. No response at all, just a ban. (harvardlaw)
Edited by jaxom100 - 03/31/2019 3:53 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4709 Posts
Posted 03/31/2019   4:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
617 Posts
Posted 03/31/2019   9:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rismoney to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow with a list that long, how did I ever get a sour taste for dealers...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
8752 Posts
Posted 03/31/2019   9:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Most of the list is collectors that did not pay their bills or monkeyed around with circuit books.
Edited by rogdcam - 03/31/2019 9:09 pm
Valued Member
United States
319 Posts
Posted 04/01/2019   8:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reedededge to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed Matthew Rhodes name from Ohio. Rhodes stole a $1400 coin from my firm, and my understanding is that he stole almost $25K in APS circuit stamps. He was summarily expelled from the ANA, and prior to that, expelled from the APS....Good riddance!
Edited by Reedededge - 04/01/2019 9:48 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
689 Posts
Posted 04/02/2019   09:25 am  Show Profile Check 1typesetter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1typesetter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It appears now "they" are selling stuff sight unseen!

Valued Member
United States
319 Posts
Posted 04/02/2019   09:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Reedededge to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"they" = Apfelbaum's?
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 40 / Views: 2,129Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05