Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Moon Landing Anniversary Stamps Announced

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,890Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
560 Posts
Posted 03/21/2019   6:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rismoney to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Don, I think that was used on Scott 1371
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rismoney - 03/21/2019 6:06 pm
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
Posted 03/21/2019   8:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WheatCent to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I'll still pick this up when it's released even though the design may have left something to be desired.
Pillar Of The Community
1022 Posts
Posted 03/22/2019   01:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DrewM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They're okay, but they lack the grandeur and amazing "gee whiz" quality that I remember at the time we watched actual men walking on the actual moon. You'd think they'd either issue larger stamps, more stamps showing a number of images, or better designs. The old Soviet Union used to issue dozens of space stamps nearly every year with rockets, satellites, and cosmonauts galore. They got pretty tiring because there were so many of them, and their designs were like comic books, but they did convey the excitement of space exploration at the time. These are too static for my taste. The one on the left of Buzz Aldrin is not bad at all, the more I look at it, but the other image of the moon just leaves me wondering "Why?" Aren't there better images than that?
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
Posted 03/22/2019   07:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't feel that the USPS has issued a decent stamp in at least 20 years, if not longer, and these are no exception. On the other hand, though, they could have been much worse.
Edited by Coastwatcher - 03/22/2019 07:40 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3150 Posts
Posted 03/22/2019   09:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The USPS inspired me to collect worldwide stamps. Formal criticism is muted because it is viewed as biting the hand that feeds them.
Al
Edited by angore - 03/22/2019 09:36 am
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
Posted 03/22/2019   10:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EdziuMM to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Left stamp: YES!
Right stamp: zzzzzzzzzz
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2724 Posts
Posted 03/23/2019   12:15 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
looks like what you would see on a rest stop on the moon - you are here
Edited by eyeonwall - 03/23/2019 12:16 pm
Valued Member
344 Posts
Posted 05/15/2020   5:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Torin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree these stamps are not as well designed as #C76 from 1969. Was this 2019 50th anniversary commemorative issue a big seller? Does USPS release sales figures for various issues?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,890Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05