Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Chinese Paper-Cut Art Using Stamps

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 2,259Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
512 Posts
Posted 12/14/2021   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bumping this old thread, as these are like miniature works of art. Here is another one from my collection...

Linus

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
512 Posts
Posted 12/15/2021   01:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another one from my collection...

Linus

Pillar Of The Community
United States
931 Posts
Posted 12/15/2021   02:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been collecting for over 50 years. I have worked for a number of stamp auction houses. I have never seen these before. I have seen stamps used in collages, but nowhere near the artistry and detail of these works!! I am thoroughly impressed.
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
Posted 01/19/2022   12:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LadyGrace to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! I like them! very cool. I want to make one now..
Pillar Of The Community
United States
512 Posts
Posted 03/01/2022   12:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Years ago, I actually tried to make one using some damaged stamps, but I gave up when my creation looked terrible. These are a lot harder to make than you think.

Linus

(Here is another one from my collection)

Valued Member
United Kingdom
499 Posts
Posted 03/04/2022   4:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Anthraquinone to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Linus

Are you examples individual water colours or are eh backgrounds prints form water colours. If they were mass produced for tourists I would expect the second. Just curious

AQ
Pillar Of The Community
United States
512 Posts
Posted 03/05/2022   4:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ant -

The postcards I have in my collection are all individual watercolor drawings, not preprinted backgrounds. I have not seen these postcards mass produced, but I suppose it was possible.

I scanned and then printed out one my postcards on a sheet of paper, 8.5 by 11 inches, and it really looks nice blown up and put in a frame.

Linus
Valued Member
Canada
74 Posts
Posted 03/05/2022   10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bk80 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, these are incredibly beautiful. Never seen this before and hope to see more. Thanks.
Pillar Of The Community
4300 Posts
Posted 03/05/2022   11:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Example 1: Message dated 1923. Unmailed. Head is cut out and pasted on also. Publisher information on reverse side.

Example 2: Mailed from Hong Kong 1932. With original watercolor around the cutouts

A U.S. example! Reverse side is blank, likely mailed within an envelope.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 2,259Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05