Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Worlds Theatre Postcards

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Serbia (Srbija)
207 Posts
Posted 03/31/2019   8:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Makanudo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Please post your examples.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Serbia (Srbija)
207 Posts
Posted 04/29/2019   5:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Makanudo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I meant both exterior as interior
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
512 Posts
Posted 04/29/2019   6:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add modernstamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a color card of the same theater.

Edited by modernstamps - 04/29/2019 6:49 pm
Valued Member
Serbia (Srbija)
207 Posts
Posted 05/01/2019   3:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Makanudo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thats very cool card as well
Pillar Of The Community
United States
898 Posts
Posted 05/25/2019   02:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Considering what a fan I am of historic theatres, it's surprising I don't have more postcards of them. Here's what I can offer, from L.A. and New York City. The card from the Hollywood Bowl is 1926 -- before the shell was constructed. I think the two cards of the Hippodrome are my favorites. Note what was playing: "Andersonville and A Yankee Circus on Mars" along with "The Plunging Horses" -- wouldn't you love to see that spectacle!

Valued Member
Serbia (Srbija)
207 Posts
Posted 07/27/2019   01:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Makanudo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a card of an ancient and still existing theatre

Valued Member
Serbia (Srbija)
207 Posts
Posted 08/17/2019   12:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Makanudo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Back to the US with this nice postcard.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
898 Posts
Posted 08/20/2019   4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That last one is really interesting! The theatre is long-since closed, but it is still used as retail space.
http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/3939
Valued Member
Bulgaria
279 Posts
Posted 09/11/2019   08:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Gorky Theatre in Volgograd, Russia.

Soviet postcard of 1981.
Publisher: "Planeta"

Valued Member
Bulgaria
279 Posts
Posted 09/19/2019   12:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
National Theatre - Prague.

Czechoslovakian postcard c.1920's.
Publisher (Verlag): JKO - Ignaz Kramer

Valued Member
Bulgaria
279 Posts
Posted 09/20/2019   03:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
La Scala opera theatre, Milan

Italian postcard c.1960's
Publisher (Verlag): GM

Valued Member
Bulgaria
279 Posts
Posted 09/21/2019   05:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrPhilaRooms to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
French postcard c.1920's.

The Grand Staircase - Paris Opera House.

Edited by MrPhilaRooms - 09/21/2019 05:04 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
898 Posts
Posted 10/13/2019   4:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I really like the Prague National Theatre! That goes on my "must visit" list.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05