Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Is Your Favorite Forever Stamp/What Is Your Least Favorite.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 844Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
87 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   03:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add eraserman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It seems like the post office puts out so many different forever stamps it got me thinking about it.

My favorite is the jack o lantern forever stamps since Halloween is my favorite holiday.

My least favorite is any with the us flag on it.

Putting the flag on a stamp has been done to death.

I am not trying to be unpatriotic but this is just my opinion.

What are yours?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3211 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   07:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not a fan of the majority of the recent US issues. There is repetitive themes and too much pop culture with less about American history. I realize the average stamp buyer wants colorful stamps. I also do not like the cartoonish designs like the upcoming Coral issues.

Overdone: Christmas, Hanukkah, Eid, Kwanzaa, Chinese New Year, Wedding, Love, Marvel, Disney,etc. To me Harry Potter crossed the line.

The Halloween stamp was ok but only if we do not see one every year.

For example, the Gregory Hines issue is better than the Marvin Gaye. If there is a photo of the subject, then use it rather than rather than some cartoon.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Al
Edited by angore - 04/03/2019 07:19 am
Rest in Peace
United States
4052 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   09:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikeyPikey to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
'
My new fave is the one on the left:

https://www.linns.com/news/us-stamp...the-red-star

Cheers,

/s/ ikeyPikey
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
583 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   11:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rismoney to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck finding one. I am always feeling queasy about these types of articles. People seek the author (who is an EFO guru) for professional opinions on EFOs, a new discovery is made then he offers up cash. Then he gets paid to write about it, asking if anyone else found a stamp like his. What a great gig!
Valued Member
United States
96 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   1:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampboylife to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some of my recent favs are John Lennon (color shades), JFK, Art of Magic lenticular printing with disappearing bunny, cloudscapes, o beautiful, national parks, bioluminescense (hard to name one, since I like all stamps)

Least favs are uncle sam hats, patriotic waves, breast cancer
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1189 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Stampman2002 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Recent favorites - $1, $2 and $5 Statue of Freedom stamps.

Least favorite recent stamps: Current flag stamp. USPS did one very similar to this already; why the repeat?
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   10:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add WheatCent to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure if they're "Forever" stamps (I don't think they are actually) but the Priority Mail stamps of the Joshua Tree and the Bethesda Fountain are just stunning. By far my recent favorites. Not sure if I want to spend $30 to get those two though.

Least favorite of actual stamps are the "stamps" that are printed right on the envelope with QR codes and barcodes. That answer is a cop out though, because I am sure everyone here dislikes those printed ones as much as I do (as it completely removes the necessity of actual postage stamps), so my close second would be the additional postage uncle sam top hat stamp.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7725 Posts
Posted 04/03/2019   10:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
High value stamps like the Joshua Tree and others in the series are not Forever stamps. Forever stamps do not have a value indication an are almost always for the latest First Class letter rate

Peter
3 Posts
Posted 04/10/2019   9:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add spgib14 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My #1 favorite forever stamp is the solar eclipse, when you warm it up with your finger, then the moon appears. The reason it's my favorite is because I actually saw over 2 minutes worth of it in 2017 and it was really awesome and i've never seen a stamp that changes when you warm it up.

My #2 favorite is the bio-luminescent live because it has such pretty shiny colors, that are also different from most other stamps.

#3 might be the planets and a close contender are the scratch and sniff because again a very unique stamp and it actually works.

least favorite i'd say the liberty bell.

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 844Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05