Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old Stamp Envelopes From The 50s

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 2,571Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
975 Posts
Posted 04/07/2019   2:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DonSellos to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That was a bit of work to roll that piece of paper in the typewriter, type the description, and mount the stamps, all for a grand total of 12 cents. Fortunately, money was worth a little more then.

Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
558 Posts
Posted 04/07/2019   2:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ciletaliph to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A lot of work, and expense!

Some quality reprints.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2241 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   2:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
(bump)

Actual size is 7.5 x 5 inches (about 19 x 12.5 cm). The back is blank. I have no details; this was found in an old album.

I'm happy to have remembered and found this older thread. Now if I can only remember where I left my coffee cup...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5964 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   4:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
So happy this thread was bumped! I remember these packets as well and in fact had them as a young pup. It brought back strong and good memories. Thank you.
Valued Member
United States
60 Posts
Posted 03/05/2021   5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gibby01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
some stamp packets, 2 Hungary, 1 mixed but all heavy on the Hungary 1967 opera series.

Valued Member
United States
311 Posts
Posted 03/06/2021   11:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I ran across this a few months ago and just couldn't resist picking it up. It says "Cheap Sets of Stamps" but, I don't know, they appear to be a little on the expensive side to me!

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5964 Posts
Posted 03/06/2021   12:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Coastwatcher - Neat price list. Even adjusted for inflation the prices are pretty darn good. The US Scott 1 and 2 for $3.50 works out to $104 today.
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
Posted 03/06/2021   3:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobbyT to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all of you who posted packets, price lists, glassines, etc. here. It was a trip down memory lane for me.

One of my earliest memories of collecting was when an aunt who regularly visited always came with a packet of stamps for me.

I appreciate the collections you have all amassed of this ephemera.

My Lincoln Album which I use for dups from the 19th century not only contains a catalogue in back but some interesting adds from around 1905.
Valued Member
192 Posts
Posted 03/09/2021   09:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add soccerfan to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like the older envelopes as I buy world assorted stamp packets from trade shows and need country envelopes to put them into for mounting or hinging into albums later.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 2,571Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05