Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Do You Think Of These Revenues?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 800Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...

United States
1647 Posts
Posted 04/09/2019   3:38 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KRelyea to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received a large selection of US Revenues from a consignor and these were included. These are outside my comfort zone and I would appreciate input.

Thanks
Ken

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5470 Posts
Posted 04/09/2019   6:51 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Virtually all the part perfs are bogus, and many don't exist in the orientation shown. All the "part perf" 2nd-issue and proprietary don't exist. They're trimmed singles.

Somebody had fun with scissors without knowing the proper orientation or even the existence of particular part perfs.

Basically the first 3 stamps in the first image are possibly genuine, as is the 5c Inland Exchange in the second image, but everything else I wouldn't touch. Images are too small to confirm legitimacy of anything shown.

Personally, I would never offer such a lot, nor would I want to be connected with it. It's almost entirely fabricated items.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by revenuecollector - 04/09/2019 6:56 pm
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
35851 Posts
Posted 04/09/2019   7:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This post had me reflecting on how fortunate we all are,
in days past, these would sit in an album, and we would be hesitant to really know what we had, or take months in written consultation.
Today, we get the good oil, from experienced collectors, as a "same day service"
We are, indeed lucky little Vegemiters.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
8001 Posts
Posted 04/09/2019   8:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The $1.50 imperf is the only stamp on the first card likely to be genuine. The two 5 cent stamps on the second row of the second card are the only stamps that might be genuine. The whole third card is fakes.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1647 Posts
Posted 04/09/2019   8:51 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some bigger pics;

Pillar Of The Community
United States
561 Posts
Posted 04/11/2019   06:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add m and m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
i would run away from this group. as mentioned it is not even reference grade material.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1647 Posts
Posted 04/11/2019   09:14 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys, I'll send them back to consignor.
Valued Member
209 Posts
Posted 04/11/2019   8:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Magguss to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The 25 cent Insurance on page 1 has a cool cancel on it. Too bad someone tried to make it a part perf.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 800Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2022 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05