Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Pengo Stamp Magyar Posta

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Arab Emirates
42 Posts
Posted 04/13/2019   08:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Muks to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I wonder if anyone knows the reason why the stamp is overwritten with the same detail that existed on it. I came across another for 2 Pengo overwritten with 2 Pengo again, also in pink.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
France
431 Posts
Posted 04/13/2019   08:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Why not?
The only important part in this overprint is 1945,date of a new political system.
I suppose that stamp without overprint could not be used anymore.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by vayolene - 04/13/2019 08:56 am
Valued Member
United Arab Emirates
42 Posts
Posted 04/13/2019   09:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Muks to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stamps are rich in history. One learns a lot.
Valued Member
France
431 Posts
Posted 04/13/2019   09:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two more examples from this set :

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
622 Posts
Posted 04/13/2019   09:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ringo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think vayolene is on the right lines.

The original stamps were printed during the War while Hungary was occupied, but in 1945, the Germans were forced out and a new political structure came into being. These are 1945 provisionals and my guess is that at that point, previously issued stamps would no longer be valid. All usable stamps would need to bear the new overprint of the new issuing government, hence a seemingly needless overprint was needed to distinguish the new stamps from the old.
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
1924 Posts
Posted 04/13/2019   09:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26007 Posts
Posted 04/13/2019   6:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And the Steiner Page. (Yellow surface tinted paper)
1945 Page 8.
Edited by rod222 - 04/13/2019 6:37 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
2712 Posts
Posted 04/13/2019   7:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I see your Pengo and raise you a Taka.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4054 Posts
Posted 04/13/2019   8:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From my album .

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
160 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   12:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amccleaf1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod, I always enjoy seeing your scanned examples for nearly any topic!
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
26007 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   2:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for those nice words Amc,
this time was trumped by floortrader's lovely pages.
A tricky set to complete.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4054 Posts
Posted 04/16/2019   10:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
ROD ---I am sure there are lots of pages in your collection than would trump my pages . Just enjoy seeing everybody's pages .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
524 Posts
Posted 04/16/2019   12:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ciletaliph to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pages rod and floortrader!
I would love to see the Blue Surface-tinted
Paper pages.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05