Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Great Manila Stock Page Famine

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 4,384Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   4:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add johnsim03 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have also used manila stock pages extensively in the past.

I would never do so now. Vario stock pages are cheaper when bought in quantity, and are safe. I suspect that a stockbook would also be cheaper (or about the same price)...

John
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
6259 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   6:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
How many Manila's does it take to make one page?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
563 Posts
Posted 05/06/2021   11:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Parcelpostguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How many Manila's does it take to make one page?

That depends, wild, free range domestic, farmed or organic farmed? As you may not know there is a sizing difference.

Edited by Parcelpostguy - 05/06/2021 11:36 pm
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
Posted 06/13/2021   08:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add APS-ISWSC Member to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Received mine from Subway this week ...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1499 Posts
Posted 06/13/2021   10:23 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you take the exact same stamps and sell them on manila pages and on Vario pages you will get much more for the stamps on Vario. I spend lots of time transferring stamps from manila to Vario just to get good prices. People like to see the whole stamp.
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
Posted 06/13/2021   1:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Speaking as a buyer, I dislike the look of stamps in manila pages. As Ken says, being able to see the full stamp (as in Vario pages) makes all the difference to me.

Dale
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
Posted 06/16/2021   9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add APS-ISWSC Member to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't use them for display or collection, only for sorting ... get 12 extra hands or more.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
704 Posts
Posted 06/16/2021   10:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I, too, find them to be handy tools to have. I break out the nice china when guests are around, though.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 38 / Views: 4,384Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05