Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Thailand Stamp Experts

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Thailand
5 Posts
Posted 04/14/2019   05:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add roobaa01 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
good day,

do we have some thailand stamp experts here, whom I could asked about their opinion pertaining specific siam stamps ???

thk you in advance

roobaa01
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6228 Posts
Posted 04/14/2019   07:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum. Just post the pictures - someone will ring in !

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Thailand
5 Posts
Posted 04/14/2019   09:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add roobaa01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@peter4522

thk you very much pictures here www.eurseree.com, catalog sales 52
lot 108 kiss or double overprint ????
lot 141 same queion
lot 254 overptint omitted 100 % or not ???

cheers roobaa01
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2015 Posts
Posted 04/14/2019   10:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
lot 108,141 is described as double overprint...Lot 254 is described as overprint missing.
Where is the mystery?
Valued Member
Thailand
5 Posts
Posted 04/14/2019   12:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add roobaa01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@perf12

lot 108 the thai collectors say it is a double kiss,despite brandon and pat certificate
lot 141 the thai collectors say it is a double kiss
lot 254 the overprint is described as almost totally missing, although I caanot detect any residues of ink on the captioned stamp.

that is the mystery and thats why I did not buy the stamps.

cheers
roobaa01
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2015 Posts
Posted 04/14/2019   1:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the lot:108 (double B) ? in question.(Brandon & PAT cert's)
Can you post a pic of a double kiss overprint? So we can understand the difference.
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
Posted 04/14/2019   2:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Richard Frajola to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The Lot #108 stamp you illustrate is a double print by my standards and is similar to other known examples. Some differentiate by the distance between strikes and this seems to be enough for me. Also, there may be an impression from the steel font that shows through on the back of the stamp (which can not be detected from just a scan) which could have been a second factor supporting a }double overprint" to an expert like Brandon.

Each collector should set his own definitions - but commercially, it is a double overprint.
Edited by Richard Frajola - 04/14/2019 2:55 pm
Valued Member
Thailand
5 Posts
Posted 04/14/2019   10:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add roobaa01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@richard frajola

1. thk you very much. I buy that stamp now
2. what about lot 141,254 www.eurseree.com sale 52 do the description match in your opinion or do they diviate especially lot 254 I think the overprint on the stamp is a 100 % omitted ???

@perf12 thk you very much for yr support.

wbr
roobaa01
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   08:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Richard Frajola to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion lot #141 is a genuine variety, double English numeral "1", one inverted. A combination of known varieties listed in my 40 year old catalog of Siam Postage Stamps to 1940 as #25d and #25e, but this on same stamp. This variety was missing in both the Walter Pears and Henry Madden collections. I have seen only one example of it. I think it is genuine, very rare and important.

I am not so fond of lot #254 and it does not "feel" right to me (lightened postmark in the area as well as lightened top of "S" at left , but not missing, suggest that it may have been manipulated). I do not like to say negative things without viewing in the flesh but have seen some problems with the missing surcharges on that issue.
Edited by Richard Frajola - 04/15/2019 08:57 am
Valued Member
Thailand
5 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   10:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add roobaa01 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@richard frayola

1. thk you very much for yr great expertise. I have yr catalog and also peter c.preuss compendium about siam stamps.

2. I will buy both lots 141 and will ask for a discount on lot 254 I consider usd $ 700 a fair price. what do you think ???

3. last question lot 141 no. 21 var mirrored "1" on catalog sales 52 www.eurseree.com, whats your opinion on that stamp ???

wbr
roobaa01
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05