Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott # 2313 - Spain Issued 1983 - Missing Red

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
155 Posts
Posted 04/14/2019   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add tazzmann30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is there a Scott catalog number for the stamp on right missing the Red ink on printing?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
329 Posts
Posted 04/14/2019   7:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rdavid to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, that's not the only difference. Stamp on right has "PTA" at bottom, stamp on the left does not. Are these different issues?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
Posted 04/14/2019   7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moschophoros to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The stamp on the left has the PTA, but it's partly effaced.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
151 Posts
Posted 04/14/2019   7:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Calstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Scott 2313

Arms of Juan Carlos

Not sub listing for color error.
Pillar Of The Community
1920 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   02:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They're not "the arms of Juan Carlos I", but those of Spain after 1977.
Imo it's just a red colour fąding. If it was red colour missing, the spaces suposed to be red, should have been white, which is not the case.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
155 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   09:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tazzmann30 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I thought is was not a missing red overprint however I looked closely at the correct stamp on left as well as the other eight examples I have and the red is printed on top of the yellow. So I am certain it is not fading.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2498 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   11:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If the red is not faded/bleached, then why is the yellow darker in the areas where the red was printed over it?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1190 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   12:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trainwreck to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
All the colors are slightly more vibrant in the "error" stamp, in my opinion.

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
1998 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   12:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Red-missing stamps are the most common color missing error candidates we see here. Red is at the end of the visible spectrum - we all learned the ROYGBIV in grade school. Red is the most susceptible color to sun-fading. Used stamps are also more problematic to "prove" color-missing varieties. Who knows what the stamp has been exposed to during the past 36 years. Almost any red-missing used stamp will be hard to get a good certificate for. It has a very high likelihood of being a changeling due to light or chemicals. Try to get a good certificate if you think this is a true color-missing error.
Valued Member
Spain
115 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   3:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi.
I'm with John Becker, that stamp has been given sunstroke.
Regards.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05