Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Early Us 19th/20th Century Collection On Ebay Grills And Key Items

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   10:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Phil_Atelic to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I put up a nice collection lot of used early US with some Back of the Book etc. Take a look it's no reserve starting at .99 cents.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Early-US-1...173873494347
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6123 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   10:40 am  Show Profile Check Petert4522's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Problem with the link?

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
3898 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   10:51 am  Show Profile Check GeoffHa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Visible from here (London).
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5658 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Phil Atelic-The $5 State Dept stamp you have up is a facsimile that has been altered. Look between the words State and Department at the top and you will see where it has been partially removed. It has no real value.
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   10:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phil_Atelic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Early US 19th/20th Century Stamp Collection Used with alot of Keys and Grills! | eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Early-US-1...173873494347
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   10:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phil_Atelic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for bringing my attention to the link and revcollector I certainly hope not but will look into it further, I know that is your area of expertise.
Valued Member
United States
343 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   11:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gettinold to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Phil Atelic

Second link doesn't seem to work either. I was able to view the lot using the first link you posted though.

Edited by gettinold - 04/15/2019 11:07 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5658 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   11:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It might be with your system. Both work for me.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5658 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   11:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Now both do not work, so I am not sure what is happening.
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   11:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Coastwatcher to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Phil Atelic...the links don't work for me either. How about posting the item number and we can find your auction from that.
Pillar Of The Community
618 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   11:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Glenn Estus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1738734943...l_noapp=true but I don't see any $5 State Department official
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   11:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Phil_Atelic to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Glenn thank you for the link.

Rev unfortunately you are right. I looked at it under 60x and see what has been defaced. Thank you for bringing my attention to this.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5658 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   11:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Alas, it's rather a common alteration on the high value state dept stamps. It's really the first thing to look for on them. Sometimes a fake cancel is put on top to hide the scrapes.
Edited by revcollector - 04/15/2019 11:44 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5658 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   12:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fake cancels are also sometimes put on the more common specimen overprinted officials as well. Especially for departments like executive, where the specimens are relatively inexpensive but used stamps are really scarce.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1147 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   12:26 pm  Show Profile Check cfrphoto's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cfrphoto to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Fake cancels sometimes appear over fake SHANGHAI overprints. An article in Linn's some years ago documented the output of an unnamed stamp dealer located in Florida.

A zero feedback seller? Really?
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
Posted 04/15/2019   12:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ireland2018 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Phil_Atelic,

I looked at your other auctions, im thinking about your zepplin set.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2019 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05